Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development, and food security to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil societies. ACDI/VOCA has approximately 34 projects in 19 countries and total revenues of approximately $128 million.
ACDI/VOCA is currently implementing a five-year program entitled “Enterprise Development and Growth Enhanced (EDGE) Activity” in Zambia funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The aim of the Zambia EDGE Activity is to increase the profitability for agricultural small and medium enterprises (SMEs) by addressing their key investment constraints on access to finance, limited business management skills and technology, and access to markets, thereby increasing SMEs’ productivity and ability to create new jobs in Zambia.
Pursuant to its mission, ACDI/VOCA is seeking experienced and talented professionals for the HR/Operations Manager position. The position will be based in Lusaka, will provide managerial, logistical, and administrative support required for the fulfillment of deliverables including management of human resources, general services/facilities and logistics and will ensure compliance with all relevant regulations.
1. Coordinates the Human Resources program and activities in the project:
- Coordinates staff planning, recruitment, selection, and orientation.
- Administers the compensation, performance management and benefit programs.
- Manages the communication of and compliance with local labor laws, cultural norms, donor requirements, and ACDI/VOCA policies.
- Provides support and guidance to program line managers to ensure all activities are compliant with ACDI/VOCA standard operating procedures.
- Establishes and maintains standard human resource management systems. Maintains complete and accurate confidential personnel files for all staff. Prepares and submits governmental reports and provides periodic HR and related issues action plans and activity reports as required.
2. Supports the operational management of the project.
- Assists with defining key workflows, detailed procedures, and standard quality controls. Implements office support procedures and recommends changes as required.
- Oversees and maintains office management systems including office lease, utility and service contracts, and other relevant contracts.
- Provides logistical support for events, conferences, and workshops including arranging refreshments and venues and maintaining meeting calendar. Manages travel and accommodations for staff and consultants.
- Oversees vehicle maintenance, vehicle/travel calendar, and vehicle insurance. Ensures the proper management of the fuel accounts and conducts spot checks.
- Ensures that the procurement process is systematic, transparent, and compliant.
- Establishes effective inventory system. Maintains equipment and furniture inventory list, including location of all assets.
- Ensures incidents involving staff and/or property are reported. Provides supervisor with comprehensive understanding of ACDI/VOCA’s liability and recommends actions to be taken to limit risk to the organization.
- Ensures adequate stock of office supplies. Oversees maintenance of office equipment such as photocopiers and scanners and ensure repairs are made in a timely fashion.
- Oversees the cleaning, maintenance, and repair of all facilities including electricity supply, water and plumbing.
3. Directly supervise the employees assigned to the HR/Operations unit and provide relevant guidance and support in their day-to-day activities. Responsible for managing employees’ performance, career development and growth.
4. Undertakes any other relevant tasks as assigned by the Chief of Party.
- Must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, management, or related field is required.
- Must have a minimum of seven (7) years of progressive work experience in Human Resources or general operations management. A minimum of two (2) years of experience managing the office administration, procurement and/or facilities management that includes supervising staff. Experience working on USAID-funded contracts with experience in USAID regulations, policies and reporting requirements is essential.
- Knowledge of the country’s pertinent labor laws, government regulations, and legal codes and precedents is a must. Knowledge of principles of human resources including recruitment, selection, compensation and benefits and employee relations is essential.
- Knowledge and skills in USAID procurement management is an added advantage.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills as well as fluency in local language is essential.
- High level of ability in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
Please submit a resume to [email protected] no later than September 9, 2020. Please include the position title in the subject line. The resume and related application documents shall be provided as a single attachment and list long-term employment history and any relevant short-term consulting work. Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone or email. Only shortlisted candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.