Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 75 countries. Safeguarding children and young people is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
Plan International Zambia is looking for experienced, innovative, motivated, self-starter individuals to fill the following positions;
ADMINISTRATION LOGISTICS AND PROCUREMENT OFFICER – (2 Years Contract)
The position reports to the Procurement Supply Chain Manager and is responsible for the procurement of goods and services efficiently and effectively. The officer manages the organizations logistics, administration, transport, company assets and budgets in order to ensure there is value for money within the Plan procurement process. The incumbent works closely with program operations by ensuring the resources required for the different programs & projects are made available in a timely manner. There are high levels of interaction with suppliers to negotiate for goods and services to be purchased.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Handles all procurement requests for the Country within the set framework to ensure smooth flow of all the procurement activities.
- Develops the Country Office Purchase Plan and is responsible for coordinating the supply chain function for the Country.
- Develops an effective vehicle management system that is in support of the Country operational plan and administers Drivers.
- Ensures asset management and supporting utility provisions for the country office are in accordance with the Plan policies.
- A Higher Diploma in Purchasing and Supply.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role in an INGO environment.
- Driver’s License.
- Well versed in computerized applications (SAP).
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS).
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Appreciation of child rights
- Analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant packages
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to [email protected]. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply. Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Friday, 23rd October, 2020, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga Road
Plan International provides equal employment opportunities to qualified and experienced women and men, Women are especially encouraged to apply.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org