Website BEIT CURE HOSPITAL ZAMBIA
Healing Changes Everything!
BEIT CURE CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL ZAMBIA
Beit-CURE Children’s Hospital of Zambia has been operating in Zambia since 2006, it’s a Christian hospital that provides medical and spiritual care to its patients. The hospital in Zambia is part of an international (USA) foundation of established rehabilitation hospitals, dedicated to meeting the medical and spiritual needs of economically disadvantaged and physically disabled children in its countries of operation.
The hospital seeks to hire a Laboratory Technician. co -worker to be in agreement with the declarations of the Statement of Faith and also be willing to participate in the spiritual ministry within the hospital for both Coworkers and also for patients.
Position Title: Laboratory Technician
Reports to: Medical Director
A Laboratory technician is a member of the multidisciplinary team responsible for all laboratory work in the Hospital. The Laboratory Technician will provide information for patient diagnosis and treatment by performing laboratory tests, receiving, typing, testing, and recording blood bank inventories.
- Collect blood or tissue samples from patients, observing principles of asepsis to obtain blood sample.
- Organizes work by matching computer orders with specimen labelling; sorting specimens; checking labelling; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; keeping work surfaces clean and orderly.
- Maintains quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced trouble shooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols, and report any maintenance needs.
- Serves as technical resource by participating in staff training; answering questions of other professionals; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment equipment, performing manual methods of differentials.
- Provides surgeons and clinicians with information before surgery of patient infection by performing technical procedures for the identification or susceptibility of bacteria, parasites, fungi, and mycobacteria.
- Ensures the patients receive compatible blood/blood components by completing blood typing, antibody screening, compatibility testing, and antibody identification procedures.
- Assures future retrieval of patient transfusion information by preparing patient packets and maintaining blood bank database.
- Contributes to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers by following established standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, and national requirements, and standards.
- Enhances laboratory services and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Prepare vaccines and serums by standard laboratory methods, testing for virus inactivity and sterility.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Diploma in Science Laboratory technology with at least two (02) years working experience.
- HPCZ registered member and current professional License holder
- At least 3 years’ work experience
- One must be a Christian and able to provide two Christian references with one being one’s church Pastor or Elder/Leader of a Cell Group or Small Christian Community
- Three (03) traceable reference with traceable email addresses and daytime phone numbers.
If you think you meet the requirements above, email your detailed CV, certified copies of certificates and your application to: The Human Resource and Administration Manager – [email protected] before 28th February 2023, 17hrs.