Website Biocarbon Partners
BCP is a leading African conservation company which aims to generate sustainable conservation finance through the forest carbon markets. We are working with Community and Government partners to help improve the conservation management over 1 million hectares of globally significant wildlife habitats in Zambia, and to benefit 225,000 people. Most of the project areas are located in Game Management Areas bordering strategic National Parks in Eastern and Lusaka Province, governed by management agreements between local communities, the Government of Zambia, and BCP.
BCP is recruiting for Impact Monitoring Assistant (IMA) positions for Chinyunyu x 1 and Mfuwe x 1. The Impact Monitoring Assistant (IMA) will coordinate the process of measuring and reporting BCP’s impact and how we achieve results. The IMA must, therefore, establish a high level of interaction and coordination with all divisions to ensure BCP’s goals and objectives are attained. The position will report to the Impact Monitoring Officer (IMO).
PRIORITIES THAT WE’LL TRUST YOU WITH.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of BCP’s Impact Monitoring manual (IM V2) with clear criteria and indications of success and co-workers’ responsibilities for collecting, analysing, and reporting data.
- Manage and maintain BCP’s IM database and standardize data collection/reporting with ODK.
- Provide support in the management of BCP’s Management Indicators (MI) tool and communicate the company’s performance with all co-workers.
- Provide support for management and maintenance of the IM Annual Work Plan.
- Utilize collaborative, learning, and adapting approaches to continually assess BCP projects’ progress and inform project management decision-making.
- Train BCP staff and project stakeholders in data collection and reporting methods.
- Keep track of BCP’s projects and quantify direct and indirect beneficiaries in a well-maintained project database.
- Participate with other divisions in the definition of the overall program strategy and the preparation of annual work plans.
- Conduct periodic field missions to community project sites to participate in program activities and interact with program partners and beneficiaries to gather feedback.
- Provide support in the writing of scopes of work and design tools for both internal and external periodic Impact Monitoring surveys.
- Provide support in the designing and implementation of Impact Monitoring policies as requested by the Operations Management Team (OMT).
- Ensure the overall quality and relevance of the BCP’s Impact Monitoring Program.
- Maintain BCP’s global REDD+ ranking system. Provide support to the company’s data management policies and reviews.
- Periodically participate in external REDD+ or general conferences/events related to Impact Monitoring.
- Any other duties that may be assigned as necessary by the IMO.
ALLIANCE BUILDERS WANTED.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Project Management or any other relevant discipline from a reputable institution.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar Impact Monitoring (M&E or Data Analytics) role.
- Fluency in written and spoken English Language is required.
Strong people skills with good communication capacity in written and spoken English as well as local languages.
Attention to detail with the ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing tasks.
Advanced computer skills including Open Data Kit (ODK) and LibreOffice.
GIS skill is an advantage.
Dynamic and innovative character with the ability to respond to work assignments on short deadlines.
WHAT YOU’LL TELL YOUR CONTACTS.
Helping to conserve over 565 million trees, and with close to 7 million tons of carbon emissions reduced to date, both BCP implemented REDD+ Projects have been verified against the Verified Carbon Standard, the world’s leading voluntary Greenhouse Gas program. In 2021, the LZRP is the only project in Africa to receive 8 consecutive verifications and only the second in the World to achieve this! While it is also Africa’s first CCBA Triple Gold Project, with ‘Gold’ level verification against all three categories of the Climate, Community, and Biodiversity Standard (CCBA) for its exceptional climate change impacts and community and biodiversity benefits. The LCFP has achieved CCBA Triple Gold Validation for exceptional community impact. Awarded Best Individual Offsetting Project and Impact Monitoring Report in the World in the Environmental Finance Voluntary Carbon Markets Ranking 2021, and ranked in the top 0.5% of B Corps globally 2021, BCP offers carbon offsets with World class benefits. Under our 30 – Cubed goal, by 2030, BCP is set to deliver on our goal of avoiding 30 million tons of emissions annually, benefitting 3 million people, and partnering with communities across 30 million acres of globally significant wildlife habitat.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
As an equal opportunity employer, a competitive salary will be offered, plus training, plus the potential for performance bonuses, plus travel opportunities for work, plus health benefits, plus a great work culture, plus career growth, plus working with a diverse and committed team.
Candidates interested in joining an innovative and high-performance team, and working towards doing amazing things in conservation technology and livelihoods, please send a CV, a cover letter, 3 reference contacts, and anything else that makes your application stand out by email to [email protected] with Impact Monitoring Assistant – (town-specific) in the subject line. Please also send anything else that will help your application stand out.
Applications are accepted from 11th November 2022 until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
If an applicant receives no response within a 30-day period, they should consider their application unsuccessful.