C.P. Engineering Limited
We are a leading engineering and manufacturing company , seeking a highly motivated and experienced Machinists to join our team.
- Samples, drawings or instructions to review understand specifications of output
- Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job
- Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping
- Select appropriate machines (e.g. lathes) and position or load material for a job
- Determine and program size of batches, speed of machine etc.
- Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issue
- Check output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defect
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Perform routine machine maintenance and repair minor damages
- Other duties assigned by your supervisor
Academic qualifications/ Experience
- Grade 12 school certificate/ GCE
- Craft certificate in Machining from a well recognized institution.
- Diploma level will be an advantage.
- Must have not less than 2 years work experience in engineering and manufacturing industry.
- Must be a full paid member of Engineering Institution of Zambia.
- Proven experience as machinist
- Experience in using and/or programming manual or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders etc.)
- Ability to use precision tools (e.g. calipers,) to take accurate measurements
- Knowledge of the properties of metal and other material
- Good at math with analytical abilities
- Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in joining our team as Machinist , please send your Cover letter, CV and academic qualifications to [email protected] The closing date of receiving applications will be on 19th May, 2023.