Catholic Relief Services - Zambia Country Program
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identify is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and commitment to serving those in need. Since 2000 CRS Zambia has been implementing a number of programmes to support vulnerable communities in Zambian. Recent programming areas include: nutrition, agriculture, food security, HIV/AIDS, WASH, financial inclusion, and early child development.
Catholic Relief Services Zambia is seeking to recruit District Data Management Officers for the Epidemic Control 90-90-90 (EpiC 90-90-90) HIV prevention, care and treatment program implemented to scale up HIV Treatment and care in line with the 90:90:90 goal with a view to controlling the HIV epidemic in Zambia.
Reporting to the EpiC 3-90 District Coordinator, the District Data Management Officer will work closely with the District Health Information Officer, at the project district level to ensure a functional strategic information system that responds to the project outcomes, through project indicator tracking, generation of program data, deployment and maintenance of the SmartCare electronic medical records system for reporting as well as oversee district and respective health facility staff activities for quality data and information that is ideal for decision making.
EpiC 3-90 M&E related activities
- Support the district-level capacity building of EpiC 3-90 facilities on PEPFAR Monitoring & Evaluation Reporting (MER) indicators
- Ensure the timely preparation, collection and reporting of activity and data reports from the supported EpiC 3-90 health facilities (monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annually) on all required PEPFAR MER indicators
- Ensure harmonization of MER reports with the HIA1 and HIA2 aggregate reports
- Provide routine feedback on key outcome indicators to health facilities and EpiC 3-90 SI/M&E team
- Participate in facility & district data quality assurance activities
EpiC 3-90 Data Demand and Information Use (DDIU) related activities
- Participate in facility, district and provincial data review meetings
- Gather feedback from site visits to each health facility to assess technical assistance needs, flow of data and support appropriate capacity building trainings
- Work collaboratively with the district and facility staff to increase local capacity for the identification of data needs and the collection, analysis and communication of appropriate information.
- To perform other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
Typical Background & Requirements:
- First degree in demography, epidemiology, sociology, biostatistics, statistics, or a related field
- Entry level experience implementing monitoring & evaluation activities in Zambia
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Zambian HIV AIDS response and its Health Management Information Systems
- Ability to learn to navigate through SmartCare and the PEPFAR Zambia reporting system – DATIM
- Good writing and presentation skills for reporting
- Strong team building skills and experience and ability to adapt to dynamic cultural environments
- Ability to work independently and with flexibility to manage high volume work flow and concurrent activities/deliverables
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), data management applications, statistical packages and Relevant computer software skills, including statistical analysis programs
- Good relationship management skills with ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary and multicultural teams
- Strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking capacity and skills
- Strong data collection and research skills and ability to interpret and analyze data
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Provincial M&E Officer, District Coordinator, Strategic Information, Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor, SI/ IT Associates, clinical teams and operation team
External: District Health Information Officer and partner health facilities, Government of Zambia Ministry of Health and HIV/AIDS agencies, PEPFAR implementing partners and other stakeholders.
Agency-wide competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfil his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with integrity
- Models stewardship
- Cultivates constructive relationships
- Promotes Learning
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Important Note: By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicant Instructions: Please email a cover letter, and curriculum vitae which should include three references to: [email protected] Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is 21st November 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.