Catholic Relief Services - Zambia Country Program
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identify is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and commitment to serving those in need. Since 2000 CRS Zambia has been implementing a number of programmes to support vulnerable communities in Zambian. Recent programming areas include: nutrition, agriculture, food security, HIV/AIDS, WASH, financial inclusion, and early child development.
Reporting to Associate SI/M&E, The Strategic Information Support Officer will work within the EpiC 3-90 Strategic Information team to support a functional strategic information system that responds to the project outcomes, through project indicator tracking, generation of program data, deployment and maintenance of the SmartCare electronic medical records system for reporting as well as oversee community post data associates’ activities for quality data and information that is ideal for decision making.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EpiC 3-90 M&E related activities
- Capacity building of EpiC3-90 supported Community Posts (CP) on PEPFAR Monitoring & Evaluation Reporting (MER) indicators
- Ensure timely collection and reporting of activity and data reports from EpiC3-90 supported Community Posts (weekly, monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annually) on all required PEPFAR MER, CDC and project indicators.
- Participate in new community post opening assessment process and ensure a functional data collection and management system is places before launching of a community post.
- Capability building and implementation of community level Data Quality Monitoring and Improvement systems (DQMIS) and development of consolidated monthly and quarterly DQMIS reports.
- Ensure keeping of up to date data SmartCare records and ensure that assigned community posts do not accumulate data entry backlog.
- Support timely rollout of SmartCare updates and ensure that assigned community posts’computers are running on up to date SmartCare version.
- Ensure harmonization of MER/MoH reporting systems.
- Provide technical assistance to promote monitoring and evaluation strategies to facilitate data usage and ownership in a manner that enhances the program and promotes sustainability
EpiC 3-90 Data Demand and Information Use (DDIU) related activities
- Provide technical assistance to community post to design and review data analysis for all program areas and indicators to help identify challenges and opportunities to improve program performance.
- Participate in implementation of workplan activities, meetings for shared experiences, and additional trainings as required
- Gather feedback from site visits to each community post to assess technical assistance needs, flow of data and provide appropriate capacity building trainings
- To perform other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Internal: Strategic Information Advisors and Associates, EpiC 3-90 IT Associates, EpiC 3-90 CQI and Clinical teams and partner health facilities,
External: Government of Zambia Ministry of Health and HIV/AIDS agencies, PEPFAR implementing partners, other international and stakeholders.
Typical Background & Requirements:
- First degree in demography, epidemiology, sociology, biostatistics, statistics, or a related field
- Entry level experience implementing monitoring & evaluation activities in Zambia
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Zambian HIV AIDS response and its Health Management Information Systems
- Ability to learn to navigate through SmartCare and the PEPFAR Zambia reporting system – DATIM
- Good writing and presentation skills for reporting
- Strong team building skills and experience and ability to adapt to dynamic cultural environments
- Ability to work independently and with flexibility to manage high volume workflow and concurrent activities/deliverables
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), data management applications, statistical packages and Relevant computer software skills, including statistical analysis programs
- Good relationship management skills with ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary and multicultural teams
- Strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking capacity and skills
- Strong data collection and research skills and ability to interpret and analyze data
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
Key Working Relationships:
Agency-wide competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfil his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with integrity
- Models stewardship
- Cultivates constructive relationships
- Promotes Learning
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Important Note: By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicant Instructions: Please email a cover letter, and curriculum vitae which should include three references to: [email protected] Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is 02nd January 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.