Locations: Copperbelt – Ndola, Central – Kabwe and Northwestern Province – Solwezi
The USAID Zambia Integrated Health (USAID ZIH) project aims to improve health outcomes of Zambians through equitable access to high-quality, client-centered HIV, TB/HIV, MNCH, and family planning/reproductive health services, products, and information.
Reports to the Senior Technical Advisor Clinical Services. The incumbent will work alongside the PHO counterpart to provide high-quality, client-centered HIV, TB/HIV in respective subdistricts with the aim to increasing coverage of comprehensive and client-centered HIV/TB prevention, diagnosis, care, and treatment services in communities and health facilities. S/he will coordinate key program priorities including isoniazid prevention therapy (IPT), intensified TB case finding and multi-drug resistant TB diagnosis and management. S/he will ensure effective collaboration with facilities and districts while providing guidance and technical support to regional tuberculosis and leprosy coordinator.
- Assists in strengthening the sub district in implementation of all health services that make up the HIV continuum of care including prevention, care and support, and impact mitigation aspects of the health sector response to HIV and TB.
- Leads and coordinates TB and TB/HIV activities in the region, councils and all ZIH supported health facilities and community sites including planning, implementation, monitoring, documentation and reporting.
- Supports implementation of intensive TB screening and case finding among PLHIVs and IPT in line with national guidelines.
- Provides technical assistance on TB case finding including TB screening, linkage to diagnosis and treatment.
- Works with Facilities and district to document and report all TB and TB/HIV indicators at regional, council and site level.
- Supports ZIH supported health Facilities in assessing and implementing initiatives to address skill and resource needs for TB/HIV services through supportive supervision, mentorship, on-job training, CQI and other approaches in collaboration with PHO and DHO.
- Works closely with SI team to support timely collection and submission of TB/HIV data and strengthen related M&E systems.
- Works closely with DHO and ZIH team in writing technical program documents including reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documents.
- Timely submits reports enumerating progress towards objectives, accomplishments, challenges, lessons learned and best practices.
Actively participate in monthly/quarterly performance review meeting
- Organizes and facility regular DQA meeting in close collaboration with the M&E team.
- Diploma in Clinical Medical Sciences or Nursing. Additional Master’s Degree or higher in the following fields: Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or related discipline. is an added advantage
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience in program management and implementation of TB and TB/HIV programs with donor funded organizations.
- Familiarity with PEPFAR-funded HIV programs
- Previous experience with and understanding of MOH health care systems at national, provincial and district level.
- Excellent training skills in working with adult learners, particularly at health facility and community level.
- Able and willingly to work flexible hours as needed without constant or close supervision.
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Good computer skills, including competence in MS Office and internet/e-mail.
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.