The USAID Zambia Integrated Health (USAID ZIH) project aims to improve health outcomes of Zambians through equitable access to high-quality, client-centered HIV, TB/HIV, MNCH, and family planning/reproductive health services, products, and information.
Reports to District ART Clinical Team Lead. The incumbent is responsible for all Male Circumcision clinical matters in the district. The primary role of the Male Circumcision coordinator is to supervise MC Providers, MC Counsellors and Hygiene Assistants operating in the district. They are responsible for consumable and non-consumables supplies in the district together with infection prevention in all sites, ensure all clients return for reviews and identify and manage Adverse Events. He /she ensures availability and use of appropriate SOPs and Guidelines in Program implementation. Ensure all Clients who test positive are linked to ART for care support and treatment. They also participate in conducting procedures.
- Supervises staff in the completion of all MC activities and ensures QA/QC is a priority in all service deliveries.
- Conducts procedures as needed and adheres to procedural and international guidelines.
- Ensures all clients return for their review dates, 2 days 14 days and 6 weeks after procedure.
- Maintains infection prevention in all operating rooms according to MOH guidelines.
- Performs quality checks (QC /QA) in a timely manner
- Identifies, manages and refers all AEs as per guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Ensures supplies are ordered timely and are in stock all the time.
- Maintains an accurate and current inventory of all clinic equipment and supplies in all MC sites.
- Supervises and mentors all other MC members of staff ZIH and MOH
- Always maintains strict client confidentiality and privacy.
- Serves as a liaison between ZIH, community and district staff as necessary
- Ensures all Clients who test positive are linked to ART for support treatment and care.
- Diploma in Clinical Medical Sciences or Nursing
- Certificate in MC provision
- Two years’ experience in VMMC provision
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity in VMMC program.
- Demonstrated success in providing hands-on capacity building and technical assistance to health care providers and other stakeholders
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in project implementation; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.