Reports to DREAMS Connector. The DREAMS Mentor will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the AGYW safe spaces.
- Facilitates the process of identifying geographic locations, days and times that Safe Spaces Sessions will be conducted for each respective group
- Facilitates the process of forming Safe Space Groups by placing all screened AGYWs into their appropriate age groups (10-14, 15-19 and 20-24)
- Provides age-appropriate services to All AGYWs
- Facilitates the tailored Stepping Stones Curriculum over a period of 13 Weeks
- Conducts Escorted Referrals of AGYWs to access clinical care services not available in the safe spaces and at the DREAMS Centers
- Documents attendance and enrolment data and report accordingly by use of the standardised reporting tools
- Works together with Connectors to Sort and File documented data according to the provided filing guidelines
- Ensures all documented data is entered into DHIS2 and synchronized with the CIDRZ DHIS2 server weekly
- Follows up AGYWs who miss two consecutive Safe Space Sessions with home visitations and conduct “make-up sessions” to ensure a continuum of mentorship
- Ensures AGYWs continue to meet post-graduation to maintain their social networks and monitor their application of acquired skills
- Provides support to the Connectors to periodically facilitate the process of ongoing recruitment of DREAMS AGYWs through screening.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Certificate in Social Work, psychosocial counselling or health related field.
- At least 2 years experience working with adolescents and young women (HIV prevention and service provision)
- Local resident in Kitwe, Chingola and Mufulira respectively
- Aged between 25 and 35
- Good English speaking skills, and knowledge of local language spoken in the implementation site
- Empathetic, devoted and respectful individual with good interpersonal communication, team building, and writing skills.
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.