Technical Advisor Ref No. TA/SI/12/09/22
Reports to Director SI. The incumbent will work in the Strategic Information Department specifically supporting M&E and Implementation Science.
- Provides technical assistance and expertise in Monitoring and Evaluation for research and programme data, report writing and information dissemination.
- Builds institutional capacity by supporting CIDRZ investigators and technical staff at all stages to develop sound research proposals, protocols, and manuscripts, as well as the requisite accompanying budgets, staffing structures, and work plans.
- Plays a critical role in catalyzing Implementation Science across CIDRZ by supporting the conceptualization of implementation science (IS) studies and grant proposals, leveraging existing CIDRZ program data to spark IS research activities, and establishing systems and procedures to enable the conduct of high-quality implementation science research and related programming.
- Builds institutional capacity by supporting CIDRZ investigators and technical staff at all stages to develop sound implementation science research proposals, protocols, and manuscripts, as well as the requisite accompanying budgets, staffing structures, and work plans.
- Helps manage several critical implementation science studies within the Strategic Information department and other select directorates.
- Engages with several specialist departments within CIDRZ (including but not limited to the lab, the analysis unit, and larger programs) to ensure seamless integration of implementation science practices.
- Oversee the design and implementation of the PROUDZ M&E system in coordination with the leadership team to develop key performance indicators, targets, tools, analysis and appropriate M&E responsibilities sacross all projects in the Strategic Information department.
- Coordinate any external evaluation processes, including drafting evaluation ToRs and selection of firm indicators and procedures, in alignment with PROUDZ award.
- Develops and disseminates relevant M&E tools, formats and lead the provision of M&E specific technical training and mentorship.
Supervise the M&E team within the SI department to ensure compliance with their responsibilities
- Oversee and provide Technical Assistance on data analysis, and reporting, ensuring that data is of high quality and audit proof
- Master’s in the following or related fields: social science, international development, public health, evaluation, statistics or economics.
- At least 7-10 years of progressively responsible experience in designing, managing, and implementing results-based M&E activities.
- At least five years of field experience in managing projects within the context of Zambian health systems, including supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated technical skills in analyzing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data and packaging the findings for public health programming and biomedical science.
- Experience in implementation science and mentoring health or research professionals.
- Excellent organizational as well as English oral and written communication skills.
- Extending knowledge of reporting procedures, including CDC, best practices, guidelines, and tools for monitoring and evaluation, and impact evaluation.
- Ability to work independently, exercise discretion and independent judgement in the execution of duties
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse team of experts, with varying academic and cultural backgrounds
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
To apply for this job, please go to www.cidrz.org/jobs.