The Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia (CIDRZ) htt
Electrical Engineer Ref No. EE/LF/27/10/20
Reports to Assistant Facilities Manager – Works. The incumbent is responsible for the planning and implementation of solar power and battery backup installations at various facilities nationwide. He/she will work closely with APHL Energy contractor and consultant to approve the designs supervise the installation and sign off the commissioning.
- Provides oversight on all power installations and ensures compliance with professional installation standards.
- Plans new power system installations including extensions and auxiliary connections to meet current and future expansion of power systems.
- Ensures effective collaboration with APHL to successfully meet energy targets.
- Supervises power installations and maintenance plus service repairs at various facilities nationwide.
- Maintains installation and inspection schedules for all power installations managed and document work implemented and completed.
- Manages power installations in various project sites in compliance with legislation regarding the safe operation of power systems in line with Health and Safety Policy relating to such installations.
- Liaises with service providers to ensure prompt service delivery and ensure compliance with contract terms, timelines and budgets.
- Implements control mechanisms for prudent use of resources in line with donor guidelines.
- Effects any other lawful instructions as issued by the supervisor or designate.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Atleast 5 years relevant work experience in similar role
- Must be practicing member of EIZ /ERB
- Good analytical skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions
- Good planning, monitoring and organizing skills
- Results-oriented and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills – tact and assertiveness at times
- Applicants must be computer proficient.
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please send application letter quoting Reference Number above, relevant academic and professional certificates, and detailed CV with day-time telephone number(s) to:
CIDRZ Human Resources Director P. O. Box 34681, LUSAKA, ZAMBIA on email: [email protected] No hard copy applications will be accepted