Reports to Senior Technical Advisor. The incumbent is responsible for capacity building and systems strengthening of pharmaceutical and Laboratory services within the Project to ensure availability of HIV commodities in the supported Province and Districts. He/She will increase visibility of HIV commodities through dashboard monitoring. He/she will supervise supply chain officers and coordinate supply chain activities in the three supported Provinces.
- Works with MOH and other partners during National Annual Forecasting and Quantification meetings for ART and essential medicines.
Represents ZIH on the National Forecasting and Quantification meetings and other national stakeholder meeting.
- Works with the Senior Technical Advisor to develop the annual work-plan for implementation of strategies.
- Works with SI team to develop a supply chain dashboard to increase visibility of commodities in the three supported provinces.
- Collaborates with all local stakeholders and implementing partners, especially the Ministry of Health and other US and international implementing partners, to ensure that all activities conform to the requirements and regulations.
- Conducts regular reporting and updates to the Senior Technical Advisor of successes, challenges and lessons learned with other programs within ZIH.
Support the Senior Technical Advisor in contributing towards the CIDRZ
- Country operation plan & re-application process.
In collaboration with MOH Provincial Supply chain team and Provincial
- Supply chain officers, ensures availability of Commodities in the supported Provinces.
- Provides support at National and Provincial to promote strategies and new ideas in implementing activities to improve VL access, EID, and specimen rejections management.
- Ensures delivery of high-quality laboratory service provision to avoid service interruption.
- Provides TA in HIV Routine Testing for Continuous Quality Improvement (RTCQI)
- Actively supports district and facility staff to monitor Pharmacy/Lab commodity Logistics and therefore ensure uninterrupted supply of commodities at facility level.
- Improves delivery of service by working closely with DHOs, PHO, ZAMRA and other supporting Partners.
- Maintains ART Pharmacy/Lab commodity integrity/efficacy and security by monitoring storage conditions in supported facilities and ensure guidelines are followed according to national recommendation.
- Supports MOH in implementing and coordinating commodity audits in all supported districts to ensure accountability and proper documentation through updated stock control cards as well as temperature monitoring charts.
- Conducts facility mentorships/orientations/trainings in National Guidelines and SOPs to improve service delivery.
- Implements and coordinates the pharmacy M&E activities in the ZIH supported facilities and produce consolidated reports.
- Works closely with ZAMRA to strengthen pharmacovigilance activities in all supported districts.
- Degree in Pharmacy or Biomedical Sciences
- Masters in Pharmacy or Biomedical sciences any other relevant field will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years in management capacity
- Experience with management of pharmacy/Lab commodities
- Knowledge of the MOH National supply chain system
- Computer literate
- Work with minimum supervision
- Supervisory experience
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.