Website Chemonics International Inc.
Development Works Here
Chemonics International Inc., Contractor for USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) ensures uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, PSM develops and manages a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain. The project seeks to recruit (on a one-year contract renewable) for the following position of:
Position Title : Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Manager (1 Position)
Reporting : Knowledge Management Director
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Manager will work with the Director of Knowledge Management to conduct analysis of the national supply chain and project performance against set supply chain targets and ensure learning for internal and external collaboration and continual improvement. The candidate will gather, analyze, and report on data for both project monitoring and evaluation (M&E) requirements and internal reporting. The candidate will also be responsible for implementing data quality techniques and management functions.
- Lead the monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) unit to conduct analysis on supply chain and project performance, strategic planning for continued learning and improvement for effective use of resources;
- Gather, analyze and report data on all task orders to meet PSM indefinite delivery indefinite quantity (IDIQ) monitoring and evaluation (M&E) requirements and liaise with task order directorates in completing specific requirements, such as the TO1 site-level stock dashboard and PMI reports;
- Ensure all routine project technical reports are produced of high quality and submitted on time, to include monthly activity reports, monthly data reports, and quarterly and annual reports;
- Work with the Knowledge Management Director, and technical teams to foster a culture of adaptive management and learning throughout the program team by evaluating performance against project targets and identifying opportunities for learning and improvement strategies;
- Collaborate with the Data Analytics unit to promote data usage through the data analytics platform using business intelligence (BI) software to enhance supply chain analytics and improve data visibility;
- Collaborate with Task Order 2 directorate and LSS directorate in the execution and reporting for End-Use Verification (EUV) surveys for malaria and maternal-child health;
- Collaborate with the technical staff in collecting and analyzing M&E indicator data across task orders and reporting via DevResults and DATIM;
- Lead the implementation of the annual data quality assessments (DQA) in partnership with the LSS directorate and MOH;
- Collect, analyze, and summarize information into technical briefs, drawing on project staff, external sources, and partners. Tailor reporting with different project messages to audiences including USAID, PEPFAR, PMI, Ministry of Health, and key stakeholders;
- Identify opportunities for the project to share technical knowledge through conferences, workshops, etc;
- Oversee the capture and dissemination of key information, lessons learned, and action items from project events as requested.
- Supervise the monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) specialist(s) under his/her responsibility. Develop roles and responsibilities, design and monitor professional development plans, conduct annual performance appraisals, develop SMART goals, and periodically monitor progress towards objectives;
- Provide oversight of communications specialist and link with HQ-based support for the following:
- Supporting the development of success stories, abstracts, presentations, and articles that will enable the project to present its learning and accomplishments in a broader forum (to USAID/PEPFAR/PMI, Zambia development community, MOH, and at international conferences and workshops);
- Developing creative and effective ways to improve project communications, including selecting colors, fonts, photographs, layouts, and other design elements to communicate creative concepts;
- Designing visual concepts using graphic design tools including design software;
- Maintaining a photo database and ensure captioning of photos that demonstrate project outcomes;
- Ensuring compliance with all USAID branding and marking guidelines.
- Work with the Director of Knowledge Management and technical teams to lead the development and management of annual work plans and budgets based on project resources available, as well as the intended annual and life of project targets set according to the Government of Zambia and USG priorities
- Represent GHSC-PSM project at various technical meetings with collaborating partners, senior government officials, and/or donor agencies;
- As needed, develop scopes of work for MEL short-term technical assistance (STTA) in collaboration with the Director Knowledge Management and HQ. Provide technical oversight of consultants and review associated outcomes and deliverables to ensure quality and timely submission to the client;
- Verify that USAID regulations, Chemonics policies, and quality management best practices are enforced consistently;
- Manage the adhoc reviews of the MEL plan based on the donor’s strategic guidance and project’s performance;
- Coordinate technical meetings, forums, and work plan reviews;
- Exhibit Chemonics values and build a culture of “Living our Values” within the team;
- Understand and adhere to established policies and procedures and promote them throughout GHSC-PSM staff;
- Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor of record.
Minimum Education Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s or other advanced degree required;
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience working in MEL or project management and supply chain experience preferred;
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills;
- Strong technical report writing skills required;
- Excellent understanding of data quality administration and management functions (collection, analysis, reporting, dissemination, etc.);
- Experience using electronic tracking systems, and analytics platforms;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Analytical skills with problem-solving aptitude;
- Experience managing and leading a team.
Location of Assignment: Lusaka
Complete the form provided in the link and upload the relevant documents by 5pm on Sunday August 7, 2022. Please clearly include the position in the subject line of your application letter. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.