First Capital Bank
The following position are vacant in the Credit Department
Job Title: Chief Credit Officer
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
To ensure effective monitoring and control of the Credit Department and compliance to Bank Credit Policy and Bank of Zambia (BOZ) regulations.
- Incumbent will deal with the accountabilities as outlined below and others as may be assigned:
- Formulate credit strategy based on target market and products.
- Formulate the Bank’s credit risk appetite
- Ensure that portfolio and segment level policies, standards, minimum requirements and intemrctations of regulations are in place.
- Ensure credit risk governance adherence as well as implement governance specifications as per the Bank’s credit policies.
- Ensure that legal and operational risk requirements are adhered to by the Bank
- Review and challenge the Bank’s institutional risk mandates for consistency with the Bank’s credit risk appetite.
- Ensure that appropriate credit specific technology and tools are in place and maintained.
- Ensure that appropriate engagement of external service providers is implemented, maintained and measured.
- Ensure that robust credit origination and approval processes within approved delegated mandates, credit policy and risk appetite are in place.
- Ensure that measurement and assessment of credit risk is done through appropriate risk quantification, use of ratings and supporting quantitative or qualitative models.
- Ensure appropriate policies and structures are in place to manage excesses, expired limits and covenants.
- Ensure that appropriate policies and structures are in place to cure, recover or write off non-performing accounts.
- Ensure that appropriate policies and structures are in place to provide against expected credit losses.
- Ensure that appropriate structures are in place to report portfolio information to Internal and external stakeholders, including any non-compliance.
- Ensure that credit portfolio stress testing is done and that remedial measures are taken were necessary
Required Competencies/ Expericncc
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Legal
- A Master’s Degree or MBA in Finance would be an added advantage.
- At least seven (7) years’ experience in corporate credit underwriting/analysis, credit evaluation and control.
- At least three years (03) years’ experience at Chief Credit Officer level.
- International Financial repolting Standard 9 (IFRS9)
- Being a member of the Zambia Institute of Banking and Financial Services (ZIBFS) or similar institution would be an added advantage
- Business awareness, leadership and management skills;
- Organizational skills and the ability to understand detailed information;
- Computer and numeracy skills, with strong skills required for /Fxcel and Credit Workflow systems
- Credit underwriting and decision making
- Problem solving and innovation
- Strong interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with counterparts at all levels;
- Contract management and interpretation
- Commercial business rationale
- Minimum of seven (07) years experience in a bank corporate credit management environment
- Experience in dealing with Senior/Executive Management
- Good knowledge of Bank of Zambia guidelines and other relevant
- Credit related Regulations including Basel 11
- Experience of presenting to and communicating with senior management and the Board
All applicants MUST have a Cover Letter, Academic Certificates and Curriculum Vitae. All applications should be sent by email to [email protected] no later than Friday 20th February, 2019.
(ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO).