Ends 03 Jan 2018
Responsible for the overall financial function in FNB. Determines financial strategy establishes policy responsible for investment decisions.
Experience and qualifications
- CA (SA)
- Extensive knowledge on all First National Bank investment products.
- 3 years Banking experience.
- Working knowledge of Hogan CIS. 2 to 3 years related experience.
- Strong financial background and thorough knowledge of relevant financial standards, legislation and regulation
- Strong business acumen
- 8 years working experience post qualification of which 3 – 5 years ideally at management level
- 3 years managing a finance team
- Review the consolidated financial analysis and assess the reports against both historical data and the business strategic plan to ensure consistency and alignment.
- Review reports with the Executive committee with the purpose of influencing and driving optimal decision-making by highlighting opportunities and risks with recommended actions.
- Monitor effectiveness of decisions through continued involvement and ongoing consultation, without losing sight of critical detail.
- Responsible for the integrity of all Financials, in addition ensuring they are complete, accurate, aligned and timuous.
- Approved Budget/Forecasts
- Assist in the compilation and planning of Budgets, with focus on strategy and long-term sustainability.
- Gather business requirements of the Division/other segments, market trends and group finance parameters in order to coach stakeholders on the budget/forecast requirements.
- Assess and drive budgets/forecast results and ensure that it is in line with both the long-term and short-term business strategy and group parameters (I.e. reviewing the total financial plan and ensuring alignment with the Segments financial objectives).
- Relationship building and liaison with various areas on reporting, budget requirements and deadlines etc.
- Compliance to Legislation, Company Policy and Good Business Practice
- Effectively and efficiently manages the Business Unit in terms of quality, delivery risk, compliance to legislation, project delivery, financial management of department budget and Staff management (including Performance Management, coaching, adherence to group values, retaining staff, increasing staff morale, staff development, IR issues, meeting EE and FSC Targets and other HR Issues).