About the role:
Being a FinTech startup, the role of the CFO will be crucial in making sure that the company remains regulatory compliant, manages funds effectively and grows on strong foundations.
We are looking for an experienced individual who loves a “hands-on” role and wants to play a crucial part in the growth of the company.
Specific duties & responsibilities:
You will spend your time owning all things ‘finance’. These include, but aren’t limited to:
- Assist in general day-to-day leadership and realisation of strategy and business plan
- Assist in building of organisation as company grows
- Implement financial and operational controls in organisation (e.g. cash/bank reconciliations, expenditure approval/signature policies/fixed asset register etc.)
- Establish internal control function and routine of regular and ad-hoc internal/external audits
- Maintain relationships with external auditors, lead annual external audit exercise
Budgeting & financial planning
- Lead preparation of long term financial plan
- Lead annual budgeting exercise and manage capital request processes
Financial reporting/business strategy
- Develop processes and systems to provide critical financial and operational information on performance of the business
- Assess organizational and financial performance against annual budget and long-term financial plan
- Make actionable recommendations on basis of that analysis to Executive Management Team and Zazu in general
- Ensure organisation & teams stay within budget
- Report financial results to Executive Management Team
Cash flow and P&L management
- Ensure availability of short term liquidity / minimum operational cash balance by developing reliable cash flow projections model
- Initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash positions (e.g. Working Capital management)
- Assist in contract negotiations with clients and suppliers (revenue and cost management)
- Lead Corporate Finance projects
- Ensure appropriate funding structure, linking financing to assets and operations
- Build and maintain relationships with external parties such as banks, financial advisors, law firms etc.
- Assess key elements of the company’s risk profile
- Assess Executive Management Team and organisation in mitigating these risk
- Lead development of appropriate Group legal structure
- Ensure compliance with relevant tax legislation
- Optimise tax structure (with help of tax advisors)
- Lead finance team
- Manage work allocation, performance evaluation, training & development and talent management of finance team members
- Being responsible for everything from management and financial accounting, accounts payable, regulatory returns, to capital management and financial strategy.
You should apply if:
- You are a qualified accountant (ACCA, ZICA-licenced)
- You have a track-record of using financial analysis to drive business strategy
- You’ve been an influential part of a fast-paced company
- You’ve built and run a world-class finance team
- You’re a great communicator and work well with others
- What we’re doing here at Zazu excites you
Desirable but not essential:
- Previous experience in/with startups
- Worked across multicultural teams
To apply, please follow the instructions on our website: https://ilovezazu.com/careers
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is found.
All applicants must be willing to be based in Lusaka and be fully eligible to work in Zambia.
This job description is intended as an outline of the areas of activity and can be amended in the light of the changing needs of the service and will be reviewed as necessary in conjunction with the post-holder.
We will not respond to enquiries or candidate suggestions from recruitment or search agencies.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://ilovezazu.com/careers →