The Zambia Medicines Regulatory Authority (ZAMRA) is a statutory body established under the Medicines and Allied Substances Act (No. 3) of 2013 and is responsible for regulation of medicines and
allied substances in Zambia. The Authority invites applications from suitably qualified Zambian citizens to fill the following vacant position:
CHIEF INTERNAL AUDITOR – (1 )
Responsible for carrying out internal audit tasks that involve evaluation of Authority systems, processes and management controls in place and report on their adequacy and effectiveness in the most cost effective and professional manner. To help improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- Review and appraise the adequacy and effectiveness of the systems of internal control.
- Establish systems that ensure compliance with policies, plans, procedures, statutory requirements and regulations, which could have a significant impact on operations.
- Develop audit plans; audit policy; risk management process control and development of the audit function.
- Prepares and participates in the preparation of work plans.
- Prepares comprehensive programs of the audit coverage for the assigned coverage and ensure same is adhered to by subordinates.
- Inspects and verifies negotiable securities and notes receivables and payable, examines cancelled cheques and receipts for cash payments and purchases.
- Reviews and Inspects recording of transactions in ledger cards/day books and journals and verifies transfers of entries of ledgers for accuracy of data and completeness of same.
- Participates in the coordination with external auditors to ensure proper audit coverage, eliminate duplicate efforts and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of audit activities.
- Execute tasks or special projects when required by management, such as due diligence reviews, fraud investigation, etc.
- Prepare Internal Audit Unit’s annual budget proposal including estimates of costs associated with the Unit’s operations.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of a quality assurance and improvement program that covers all aspects of the Internal Audit activity
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualification and person specifications
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Professional Qualification such as ZICA/ACCA
- At least five (5) years’ work experience in Auditing
- Must be registered with the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Must be Computer literate
Interested Zambian citizens should send applications with detailed curriculum vitae that includes e-mail, telephone / cell phone numbers and certified copies of original certificates with three (03) traceable references to: –
The Director – General
Zambia Medicines Regulatory Authority
Plot No.6903 Tuleteka Road, Off Makishi Road
PO Box 31890
Envelopes should be appropriately marked for the position applied for.
Closing date: 31st October 2018
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
NB: ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLIED EARLIER ARE REQUIRED TO RE APPLY