Christian Blind Mission
CBM (registered as CBM Christoffel-Blindenmission Christian Blind Mission e.V.) is an international development organisation committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the persons communities of the world. Based on our Christian values and more than 100 years of professional expertise, we address poverty as a cause and a consequence of disability. We work in partnership to create an inclusive society for all.
Acts as Authoritative Financial Specialist in a Regional Role: Provides regional leadership and management of the organization’s financial resources, ensuring accountability and coordinating regional budget processes. Monitors status of resource management at the regional level and identifies issues which may threaten integrity of resource management. Advises Headquarters on issues impacting sound financial management at regional level and advises Programme Management on the effective operational use of financial resources.
This position is only filled with contractual conditions of the respective country.
An expatriation is not intended.
These are your responsibilities:
Reporting to the Head of Business Services Management, the job holder will act as the single point of contact for all requests/topics which come up where FaOD is/needs to be involved. The FBP will work very closely with other key stakeholders to ensure the integrity and conformity of the business controlling processes.
- Acts as one face to internal customer and as ‘Go-To’ Partner for Managers when they need support and guidance on financial system/technical queries for financial reports, charts and analyses.
- Takes care of the end-to-end finance and business planning processes, financial reporting and analysis, internal financial controls and risk management
- Leverages financial analysis techniques and tools to provide key insights into business performance and business development
Financial and Operations Oversight
Supports on all financial matters that are key to achievement of strategic and operational objectives for the business on Partner payments and own infrastructure financials (plan, forecast and control)
Financial Reporting, Planning and Monitoring
Timely preparation, analysis and interpretation of management information, business plans and forecasts related to specific Divisions and organization, and to recommend actions based on the analyses
Internal Controls and Risk Management
Identification of and mitigating potential risks per CBM’s risk register as monitored on a regular basis
Business Development and Creation of Business CasesResponsible for the delivery of inputs, insights and analysis to key planning processes for the business
These are your qualifications:
- Holder of a university degree in accounting, business management or similar and CPA/ACA/ACCA is mandatory. Possession of an MBA is an advantage.
- Minimum of seven years of leadership experience in a similar position, preferably with an international development organisation
- Gives fact data and analysis based on pro-active recommendations
- Transforms business needs into (financial) technology/ data needs
- Exhibits a deep understanding of value flows of business (responsibilities and processes).
- Possesses ability to identify and address areas of improvements (efficiency, growth and risk)
- Knowledge in maintaining highly optimized finance processes
- Commitment to CBM’s mission, vision and values
What we offer:
- A meaningful position with a lot of creative freedom in the world’s leading organisation in the field of Disability Inclusive Development
- A fair salary and other social benefits based on the local conditions in the country you apply for
- An approachable, agile organisation with self-reliant people in a diverse and collegial team and great team spirit
How to apply
Please apply exclusively online via our applicant portal (see APPLY NOW).
A letter of motivation, CV and relevant (work) references complete your application.
We look forward to receiving your application!
We would like to further promote diversity in our teams and therefore welcome applications from people of different ethnic and social backgrounds, religions and world views, different ages and genders, and especially from people with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cbm.org.