The Civil Society for Poverty Reduction (CSPR) is a civil society network of 72 members that has been building the voice for poor in the fight against poverty. It was established in 2000, primarily to ensure that civil society effectively and meaningfully participates in the design, formulation and implementation of the NDPs and further monitor the NDPs to ensure government provides a means by which Zambia can effectively strategize on reducing the escalating levels of poverty. Since the third quarter of 2000, and in response to an invitation from the Government of Republic of Zambia, the civil society in Zambia has been participating in the process of formulating and monitoring the NDP for the country, and hence sought the need to form a network that would enhance the effectiveness of this participation.
CSPR has four major programmes that includes Resource Governance, Economic Empowerment & Sustainable Livelihoods, Coalition Building and Networking, Advocacy and Communication and Institutional Development & Sustainability.
CSPR is guided by a strategic vision which states that “Zambia where citizens are pro-poor development through coordination of network member efforts, evidence based policy engagement and community participation in order to reduce poverty in Zambia”.
CSPR is looking for qualified individuals to fill in the following position;
This is a senior management position. The manager will be responsible for coordination, monitoring, and the effective implementation of the CSPR programmes and the provision of technical support to the four CSPR Programme Officers (POs) and five Provincial Coordinators (PCs). Tasks include;
Key Outputs & Responsibilities:
- In charge of all channels Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluations
- Efficiencies, effectiveness and evaluating the impact that improvements have on the fight against poverty
- Satisfaction and bottom-line performance.
- Develop high-quality organization strategies and plans
- Train a high performing managerial team in the succession plan
- Oversee all programs activities with target timelines.
- Make Performance decisions on behalf the organization with assistance from the CEO
- Enforce adherence to in-house policies with various coordinators
- Ensure the team complies with the company policies and business ethics
- Review and Report on the departmental monthly performance
- Develop and influence long and short-term strategic initiatives to optimize programming by leveraging internal expertise, , comparing to external benchmarks, augmenting expertise, and pushing the organization towards top tier performance.
- Build trusting relations with key partners and stakeholders
- Provides overall quality control for programme design and implementation
- Provides technical support to the POs and PCs in terms of design and implementation of programmes
- Co-ordinates all the CSPR programmes and ensures linkages between the different programmes
- Coordinates preparation of the annual work plans for all the programmes
- Assess budgets, expenditures and advises POs and PCs on direction
- Coordinates the technical inputs to the Programme Management Teams for all the programmes
- Oversee the management of the Programme Management Teams
- Monitor and evaluate regularly all CSPR programmes against set plans
- Ensures timely preparation of programme reports
- Process CSPR membership applications
- Prepare and participate in monthly management meetings
- Deputize for the Executive Director
- Supports the designing and implementing of capacity building programmes for the secretariat and network
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree from a recognized university in project Management, Business, social work , or other related field.
- At least 6 years of experience in a closely related position with 5 of these being at senior management capacity.
- Experience in Productivity/Performance Improvement Management is expected.
- Extensive experience influencing and leading a multifaceted senior team and influencing change.
- Strong judgement and decision-making skills and ability to handle and resolve problems.
- Strong supervisory skills,
- Strong coordinating skills,
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to write bankable proposals,
- Work with minimal supervision,
- Innovative and approachable,
Interested Applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CV’s to [email protected]/[email protected]/[email protected] Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Be sure to include the job applied for in the subject field.
Closing date. Thursday, December 31, 2020.