With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Community Engagement & Participation in Forest Management
- Ensure understanding and adherence by all implementing partners to the carbon Stock Management SI No.66 of 2021.
- Ensure that partners are involving communities through Community Forest Management Groups (CFMGs) in identifying forests for conservation in their respective chiefdoms within the project sites and respective districts
Coordination of implementers in Carbon Stock Management
- Coordinate all stakeholders including communities and implementing partners in forums for sharing and learning on Carbon stocks for improved programming
- Ensure regular meetings with other specialists in consortium members/ implementing partners to give progress reports on the Community Carbon component and provide technical advice.
- The Community Carbon Lead will build capacity of implementing partners in community participatory processes to ensure partners are engaging communities effectively in the delivery of the project.
- Ensure partners are building strong community-based structures (CFMGs) which can run a carbon-based project with understanding of intervention that contribute to the project gaining carbon credits
- Ensure CFMGs form community participatory monitoring groups to adequately monitor and contribute to reports generated by implementing partners.
- Working closely with M&E Managers in respective partner organizations to ensure M&E system captures Carbon Stock data generated by the project and that communities are accounting for all carbon related activities.
- Support development of key indicators for communities participatory monitoring teams to monitor for impact on people’s livelihoods
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Forestry, Environment, Natural Resource Management, Agriculture or related qualifications is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with communities and in Carbon Stock Management
- preferably at least experience working in deforestation and degradation projects including Landscape Management and Restoration will be added advantage.
- Experience in managing donor funded community-based livelihoods projects while conserving forests.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in activity budget tracking & management. preferably with an international NGO.
- Working experience in consortiums with various stakeholders contributing to project deliverables
- Proven ability in working with large integrated grant-funded projects in Zambia
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local and International Applicants (IA’s) Accepted
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.