Nkana Water and Sewerage Company
NKANA WATER & SEWERAGE COMPANY
Nkana Water and Sewerage Company is a Commercial Water Utility Company providing quality Water and Sanitation Services to its customers in Kitwe, Kalulushi and Chambishi. The Company is in the process of implementing Phase 2 of the Nkana Water Supply and Sanitation Project (NWSSP 2). The overall aim of the Project is to improve public health and living standards through improved access to adequate and cost efficient water supply and sanitation services.
Therefore, NWSC is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies in the Directorate of Infrastructure Development.
COMMUNITY FACILITATOR (X12)
DURATION: 2 YEARS
Purpose of the Job
To carry out metering related tasks, community outreach and WASH activities in order to promote access to clean water and proper sanitation services in an assigned community.
- Collect bills from NWSC assigned Officer and distribute them monthly within 5 days from date of collection to clients in his/her assigned geographical area.
- Ensure that correct meter readings are taken and recorded correctly and submitted to the assigned NWSC officer for the purpose of billing and account management.
- Check and verify water, meter and sewer network connection status.
- Sensitize and encourage clients in his/her area to make timely payments for water and sewerage services.
- Report any leaks and illegal activities such as vandalism, theft and unauthorised connections.
- Relay any relevant notice and information pertaining to water supply management.
- Identify new connections that are not billed and relay information to assigned Officer.
- Identify customers that are not paying for services and submit lists to assigned Officer for disconnection. However, the Agent is strictly forbidden to handle cash from clients, but can encourage them to pay and keep track of record of payments due to his/her effort.
- Participate in the promotion of WASHE activities at community level.
- Participate in identification and engagement of key stakeholders in community outreach activities as assigned.
- Facilitate the selection of water venders for water points and ensure hygiene at communal points is practiced at all times.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate with at least six (6) credits
- Certificate in Marketing or equivalent qualification
Skills, Knowledge and Other Attributes
- Must be resident in the assigned Low Income Community
- Must be highly skilled in mobilising communities and local stakeholders
- Must have knowledge of local language – preferably Bemba
- Must have very good interaction skills with members of the community
- Must have experience and knowledge in participatory approaches
- Must be willing to work odd hours and over weekends
Applications with copies of certificates, detailed Curriculum Vitae with the names of three referees should reach the undersigned no later than Tuesday 12th February 2019.
The Director – Human Resources and Administration Services
Nkana Water and Sewerage Company
P O Box 20982
Email: [email protected]
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.