Purpose of the role:
- The position of Maintenance Co-ordinator is to maximise plant availability through coordination of operation personnel to ensure all Engineering activities go on in a professional manner. This role is responsible for maintaining operational integrity of the plant and equipment in order to achieve production targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Give clear direction, control and supervise the mechanical supervisors to ensure safe and profitable work environment for all.
- Be a self-starter and able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates commitment to work place safety and the safety of your subordinates.
- Be accurate, methodical, and practical when giving guidance to mechanical supervisors and artisans.
- Ensure subordinates follow laid down policies and procedures as out lined by management.
- Enforce compliance to work order attachments and documents such as JSA’s, work procedure’s, SWI’s, etc.
- Co-ordinate and ensure compliance with Safety and Environmental Management systems, policies and procedures along with ensuring that all risks have been identified, managed and a safe working environment is maintained.
- Ensure good housekeeping practices are maintained by enforcing cleaning up before, during and after every task and not leaving any hazards within the work place.
- Provide the superintendent with practical suggestions and improvements for the section.
- Coordinate with departmental team members, as well as process departmental members.
- Have the ability to plan for shutdowns, arrange materials and manpower allocation in collaboration with planning department.
- Assist in the proactive identification of repair and maintenance works required, which includes spare parts sourcing abilities.
- Perform other duties as directed by your supervisor.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of primary gyratory crushers, overland conveyors and all associated equipment.
- High co-ordination, control and direction skills including troubleshooting abilities on Thyssen Krupp KB 63 – 89 & KB 63 – 130, In-pit primary crushers.
- Construction and maintenance supervision background, with preference given to direct mining experience is essential.
- Be actively involved with continuous improvement of the assigned section.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems; related to Mechanical failures.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of secondary and pebble cone crushers will be advantageous.
- Ability to quickly adapt to technological changes in Mechanical equipment maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to work safely and improve team safety awareness.
- Must be able to groom up Mechanical personnel to a high standard
Qualifications and Experience:
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a Mining environment working in Mechanical Engineering as a supervisor (preferably on dry ore / crushing plants).
- Proven knowledge and experience on heavy mining units of processing plants in crushing, conveyors, chute repairs & conveyor drive systems.
- Construction and maintenance supervision background, with preference given to direct mining experience.
- Knowledge of SAG and Ball milling circuits would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of gearless drives, gear boxes and pulley systems is essential.
- Good knowledge on the use of Mechanical measuring instruments is essential.
- Ability to reading and understand mechanical drawings.
- Computer literate.
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia
- Valid driver’s licence
To apply for this job please visit www.first-quantum.com.