COPPERBELT HEALTH EDUCTION PROJECT
COPPERBELT HEALTH EDUCATION PROJECT
Company Limited by guarantee
The Copperbelt Health Education Project (CHEP) is a National Non Governmental Organization that has during its 28 years of existence operated on the Copper belt, Southern, Central, Lusaka, Luapula and North Western Provinces focusing on Health and Development work. CHEP has carried out activities on the prevention of further spread of HIV, Malaria and TB. CHEP’s main objective is to mitigate the impact of AIDS, TB and malaria on individuals and communities on the Copper belt and communities on the Copper belt and create opportunities for shared learning and competence building at National and Regional level. The programs include technical support, sub granting and holistic mentorship services to more than 150 community based organization and NGO’s based in Zambia, mainly working with orphans and vulnerable children, young people, women and work places implementing AIDS interventions.
CHEP has 54 full time members of staff and more than 2500 volunteers with several regional and international partners.
CHEP has gone into partnership with PACT through implementation of the DREAMS Project , which is a USAID funded Project with focus on Adolescent Girls, Young women aged 10-24, their sexual partners and other priority community based intervention to enhance community uptake of high impact services. The DREAMS Project is being implemented on the Copperbelt specifically in Kitwe District.
Therefore, CHEP is looking for a dynamic young woman to fill in the following position reporting to the Project Manager.
District Economic Strengthening Officer- Kitwe
The DESCO will be in charge of Economic Strengthening implementation in the District under Z-CHPP Project. He/She will report to the Z-CHPP Project Manager.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technically supervise ES program activities including in the design, development and implementation through the support staff.
- Provide technical support in the formation and digitization of Saving Groups at the DREAMS centers and ensure that they are operating according to the WORTH and OSAWE prescribed models.
- Using the bottom – up approach, identify the business propositions the AGYW are coming up with and provide technical support for them to be actualized and grow.
- Provide technical support to startup businesses being managed by AGYW in DREAMS centers and ensure that they are being managed profitably and sustainably.
- Through capacity building, provide coordination, monitoring and support for DREAMS Center staff for implementation of Economic Strengthening trainings for AGYW.
- Track and provide technical assistance to AGYW, Connectors/Mentors to ensure all ES curricula modules are implemented timely, sufficiently and to acceptable, high standards.
- Coordinate implementation activity support to AGYW undergoing mentorship programs provided by consultants or vocational skills training through TEVETA recognized colleges.
- Advise Z-CHPP Project Manager on matters of concern and regarding DREAMS ES implementation and target achievement.
- Collaborate with the district M&E team on performance results analysis and ensuring that accurate data is captured and entered in the monitoring system using the appropriate prescribed monitoring tools..
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual narrative progress reports including success stories.
- Degree in Development studies, Economics, Business Administration, Agricultural economics or closely related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5 to 7 years of experience in economic strengthening /livelihood
- Practical experience in training design and implementation
- 5 years’ prior experience in NGO preferred.
- Ability to set priorities and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
If you meet the above requirements, you can send your application Letter with updated CV to the following address on or before 30th Sept 2020. Only shortlisted candidates shall be notified.
The CHEP Board of Directors
C/O The Executive Director
PLOT NO. 8, Diamond Drive, Martindale, Kitwe Central
[email protected] copy kennedymweeneyahoo.com