Dangote Cement Zambia Ltd
Dangote Cement zambia Limited
Senior chief Chiwala’s Area, Masaiti District, Ndola Zambia.
The Dangote Group is one of Africa’s leading conglomerates producing diversified products. Dangote Cement, a subsidiary of the Dangote Group, is the leading producer of cement in Zambia with a modern advanced integrated cement plant in Ndola, on the Copperbelt.
Dangote Cement requires action oriented, high performing and dedicated professional in the following disciplines:
1. Workshop Supervisor
The Workshop Supervisor is responsible for directing and supervising workshop operations to ensure Truck availability is achieved to meet sales targets & business sustainability.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Candidate must be a qualified mechanic with proven experience in working with Sino Trucks and Other Utility vehicles.
- Managing a team of mechanics to ensure the entire fleet of vehicles are in a good working condition and are available for use at all times;
- Planning preventative maintenance servicing of vehicles in a well-planned, organised manner to ensure vehicles are serviced and maintained to enhance their lifespan and help to ensure world class guest experience;
- Ensuring adequate stocks are kept in stores for efficient replacement of parts and to limit procurement delays leading to vehicles being unavailable for use;
- Ensure all maintenance tasks are carried out as per OEM recommendation and company set out change out procedures
- Reporting timely and accurately on a weekly, monthly and annual basis to the Operations Manager and General Manager to ensure all reports are up to date and demonstrate a clear grasp of the performance of the workshop;
- Managing fuel levels and reorder levels to ensure vehicles always have fuel available and are ready for operations;
- Control/limit the unauthorised usage of vehicles and in doing so reduce wear and tear and fuel wastage costs for the company;
- Provide input on an annual budget required to run the workshop and work closely with the workshop team to ensure budgets are met.
- Implement clear health and safety SOP’s in the workshop to help create a safe, healthy working environment.
Education and Work Experience
- Full Grade Twelve Certificate with credits or better in English and Mathematics.
- A Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years experience in a busy workshop
- Proven working experience in a Large Transporting Company.
- Excellent understanding of Logistics and Transport.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suits/SAP applications.
- Possesses knowledge of the Manufacturing Industry.
- Exhibits ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Speaks confidently and articulately in front of a group.
- Possesses strong math skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to think both analytically and creatively.
- Possesses strong problem-solving skills.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Manages time efficiently.
- Works well with a team.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
Candidates meeting the above requirements should send their applications to:
The Head HR& Admin and send them to [email protected]
Please note that you are to attach an Application Letter, Latest CV only.