Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for the position of Data Associate.
DAPP registered in 1990 as a national non-profit association with its national office in Copperbelt. The objective of DAPP is, through the implementation of projects, to empower people with knowledge, skills and tools to improve their living conditions.
DAPP works shoulder to shoulder with people in urban and rural communities in the following thematic areas: Health, education, agriculture, climate change mitigation and adaptation, environment, human rights and community development. DAPP has an income generating leg by selling second hand clothes.
DAPP is currently working in 62 districts situated in all 10 provinces of Zambia reaching over 1 million people with direct interventions. DAPP is a Member of the International Humana People to People Movement.
DAPP seeks to engage on short-term contract of 5 months a Data Associate to support a CDC funded COVID 19 related program in selected Districts of Lusaka Province.
The position will be based in Lusaka.
1. Job summary/ responsibilities
- Receive data from sites and enter into project Database.
- Compile monthly summation forms, verify accuracy and sort information accordingly and enter in the database.
- Together with the SI Officer, provide guidance to the volunteers on the M&E system, tools, data quality and management.
- Support capacity-building for volunteers to improve use and operation of project M&E systems.
- Review data for deficiencies or errors, correct any incompatibilities if possible and check completeness of data forms.
- Generate weekly reports, store completed work in a designated location and perform backup operations.
- Review project monitoring data, analyze and give feedback where necessary on a monthly basis.
- Participate in preparation of various reports in a timely manner with accurate data.
- File data accordingly after entering in the database.
- Participate in conducting project Data Quality Assessments.
2. Required Qualifications, skills and Experience.
- College certificate/ Diploma in Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) or other related fields.
- Minimum of one year experience working in data collection and/or Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills and ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to initiate and implement activities with minimal supervision, and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Well-developed computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
- Familiarity and experience with computer database and management information systems in MS Access.
- Proven knowledge and experience in program M&E data management and quality assurance, including data entry, cleaning, analysis, interpretations and reporting.
- Experience with United States Government supported health activities will be an advantage.
- Ability and willingness to travel for site supervision and data quality checks in project sites within the district.
- Previous experience working on HIV/TB Pepfar supported projects in similar capacity will be an added advantage.
3. Application Method
- Applications with detailed CV and at least 3 referees must be received by 13th September, 2022.
- The cover letter and CV must be one document, and the applicant’s name must be the name of the document.
- Applicants must indicate in the application letter, the current, or the last gross salary received.
- Indicate the job title as the subject of your email.
- Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage.
- Please submit to these E-mails: [email protected], with copy to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.