Website DevTech Systems Inc.,
International Consulting Firm
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data-driven evidence-based organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech’s core practice areas include Data Services, Public Financial Management, Knowledge Management and Data Analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education, Gender and Youth, Security Transparency and Governance, and Energy and Environment.
DevTech is seeking a Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialist for the USAID/Zambia’s Business Enabling Project. The purpose of this project is to catalyze greater gender equality and inclusive private sector investment and trade in rural areas by strengthening select Zambian government and civil society organizations to implement improved and streamlined policies and processes for economically viable and gender balanced rural enterprises. The project will also support the creation of an enabling environment that incentivizes productive investments in trade, agriculture, energy, eco-tourism, and sustainable natural resource management.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist, under the overall guidance of the Chief of Party (COP) while closely working with technical experts and will manage the implementation of the M&E plan. The M&E Specialist will be responsible for supporting accurate and comprehensive data collection and management and reporting both qualitative and quantitative results against project indicators, success stories and to inform project implementation. The following responsibilities are included but not exhaustive:
- Responsible for the design, quality development and production of all necessary evaluation reports.
- Conduct assessments, population-based surveys, and studies, including the testing of the development hypotheses.
- Design of the evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols for both performance and impact evaluations.
- Coordinate and be responsible for all data collection, monitoring, report generation, evaluation, and related tasks.
- Advanced degree in International Development, statistics, or other relevant areas.
- Minimum 10 years of experience leading the monitoring, evaluation, and analysis of donor development projects.
- Extensive experience working with USAID Monitoring and Evaluation projects preferably with a focus on business enabling projects.
- Extensive experience designing impact evaluations, developing evaluation methods, samples, analyses, and response criteria.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience working in Zambia
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.