Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is a nationally registered NGO working with development projects in the fields of education, health, agriculture and other poverty alleviation programmes. Projects are carried out in all the provinces of Zambia reaching over 1 million people. Key funding partners include the Government of Zambia, national and international development organisations (USAID, EU, Global Fund, WFP and more) as well as private sector organisations.
DAPP in Zambia is seeking qualified and experienced individuals to fill the position of District Nutrition Officer for the Integrated Nutrition and Smallholder Farmers’ Support Program which operates in Nyimba, Petauke, Katete and Lundazi districts of Eastern Province, and Monze and Namwala districts of Southern Province.
1. Duties and Essential Job Functions
- Design program implementation modalities (targeting criteria, mobilization modalities, local partnerships, monitoring systems, staff schedules, etc.)
- Design overall Nutrition implementation plan in collaboration with field team and management
- Ensure the program strategy, objectives and activities are understood and agreed and appropriate communication channels are in place
- Analyse nutrition situation and prevailing trends
- Sensitize main stakeholders on Malnutrition and need for support and commitment for long term access to life saving activities for children
- Supervise and monitor all field activities and to ensure effective implementation
- Participate in district project and other technical collaborative meetings to enhance implementation of project activities.
- Monitor stocks physically at static and mobile field level, check for expiry date, quality and quantity and participate in the follow-up of supplies consumption and orders
- Establish and later strengthen District and Ward Nutrition Coordinating Committee’s (DNCC and WNCC) capacity to establish Care Groups within their communities to ensure a multi-sector approach of key services at household level
- Communicate needs from District for technical assistance to sector experts for the deployment of sector advisors
- Design and implement training in promotion of diverse diets, fruit, vegetable and livestock production to enhance knowledge and skills of beneficiaries
- Conduct awareness and sensitization activities on sustainable agriculture, gender, climate change, etc. to improve household food security and nutrition
- Conduct demonstrations in processing, storage and utilization of locally available foods
- Participate in review meetings and preparation of quarterly and annual work plans
Reporting and networking
- Coordination and participation in District Nutrition Cluster, and nutrition assessment/ survey groups
- Development of network with other actors in the area as well as community leaders/representatives
- Work with key line ministries to ensure coordinated nutrition interventions where required
- Collaborate with Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer to set up monitoring and reporting mechanisms and participate in M&E activities as necessary
- Compile and submit activity, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Diploma in nutrition and food sciences
- At least four (4) years practical experience implementing community food and nutrition activities in government or non-governmental organisations
- Experience in planning, budgeting, coordination and managing results
- Innovative with good interpersonal and organisation skills
- Team builder, self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Proven ability to provide representation at donor and District level meetings
3. Application Method
- Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CVs) and minimum 3 referees must be received by 22nd September, 2020.
- The cover letter and CV must be one document, and the applicant’s name must be the document title.
- Indicate the job title as the subject of your email.
- Please indicate your current, or last salary and benefits in the cover letter.
- Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage.
- Please submit applications to these emails: [email protected] with copy to [email protected].
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org