Living Water International (LWI)
Living Water International (LWI) is a global non-governmental organization that exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and experience “living water” (the gospel of Jesus Christ) which alone satisfies the deepest thirst. Living Water provide safe drinking water, Christian Witness, Sanitation and Hygiene Education to communities across Africa. Multiple positions exist in the Zambia Country Office all positions will be based in CHIPATA:
Drilling Assistant (2)
Reporting to: Head Driller
- Assist with operation of drilling rig, and support equipment effectively
- Assist in loading and unloading equipment
- Assist on the working floor – normal drilling procedures.
- Mix mud for pit.
- Follow all safety regulations.
- Keep equipment and location clean and orderly.
- Understand, select and work with hand tools.
- Perform assigned equipment maintenance.
- Perform material inventory as assigned.
- Drive support vehicles when required.
- Support mobilization of equipment and site access
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- MUST be a committed Christian with personal relationship with Christ Jesus
- Junior /and or Senior Secondary Certificate
- Trade certificate is an added advantage
- Must be able to lift 80 to 100 pounds overhead throughout the daily shift.
- License to drive a motorcycle and manual vehicle is preferred
- Ability to learn and move up
- Must be able to write legibly
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Must be able to work on a team.
- Should have basic math skills.
- A one-page application letter of up to 1000 words, spelling out how the applicant meets the qualifications and job requirements above. (Education, similar experience, Christian belief, skills etc)
- Send an updated CV (not more than (4) four pages) with Bio data, work experience, education etc.
- Do not send copies of your qualifications at this stage.
- Position applied for should be included in the subject line of your email when sending in your application.
- Submit applications to [email protected] or hand delivered to our office Plot 33F, Off Leopards Lane Kabulonga Lusaka
- The deadline for receipt of application letters is 1st Sept 2020 17: 00 hours, Zambian time
- LWI in Zambia is equal opportunity employer, and therefore qualified females are encouraged to apply.
- All documents submitted will not be returned and are subject to authenticity and background checks.
- A recommendation from your local pastor / church leader will be an added advantage.
- ONLY finalists shall be contacted, if you do not hear from us by 30th September 2020, consider your application unsuccessful.
- We encourage you to visit our website: www.water.cc for more information about our work.
- ONLY Applicants that STRICTLY meet the qualifications and person specifications should apply.