Website Ecobank Zambia Limited
Academic Internship Program
Are you a student thinking about a career in the banking sector? Applications to the Ecobank Zambia Bank Academic Internship Program are now open until October 30, 2020. A two (02) months Academic Internship will be granted to Ten (10) students.
Ecobank Zambia is a full-service bank providing a broad range of products and Services to Consumer, Commercial and Corporate business segments within its branches.
The bank’s vision is to build a world-class Pan-African bank and contribute to the economic development and financial integration of Africa by providing customers with convenient, accessible and reliable financial products and services. The bank is an affiliate of the Pan-Africa Leader Ecobank Group which is present in 33 Countries in Africa.
Digital Ambassador Internship
DATE October 2020
GENERAL JOB INFORMATION
Job Title Intern
Reports to Head Direct Banking
Direct Reports N/A
PURPOSE OF THE PROGRAM
The Academic Internship Program is a unique opportunity for University students who have both a passion for the banking sector and the potential to grow and accelerate a career in Banking upon graduation. The program is designed for highly qualified and motivated students skilled in areas relevant to banking activities. To be competitive, students would need to demonstrate proven academic success, potential of growth and basic leadership capabilities.
- The academic Interns are expected to make commendable contributions toward their assigned unit’s while gaining a broad overview of Ecobank Zambia policies and organizational culture.
- As part of their two – month’s Internship and in line with Ecobank Zambia business needs, interns will undertake a business-driven assignment where they will gain valuable on-the-job experience.
Training, Coaching and Mentoring:
- A comprehensive training and development curriculum has been designed to ensure that interns develop an Ecobank Zambia Bank mindset, gain the basic foundational exposure needed to understand and contribute to banking operations, and build the competencies required for a future entry-level position such as: collaboration, teamwork, leadership, integrative thinking, and innovation skills, while strengthening a culture of continuous learning.
- In the internship assigned units, an experienced colleague will be assigned as a “go – to person” to answer technical questions as appropriate.
October 2019: Application Period
- Review of applications to ensure that candidates meet the eligibility criteria.
- Selection of Academic Interns
November – December 2020: Academic internship period
- Submission of internship report: Latest December 31st, 2020
The following are the minimum requirements for the Academic Internship Program
- Currently enrolled in a higher Institute of learning in Zambia ( 3rd and 4th year students)
- Bachelors degree in Sales and Marketing, Commerce or equivalent (2019/2020 graduates)
- Possess outstanding academic credentials with Distinction or Merit
- Top grades for 3rd year and 4th year students
- Maximum age of 28 by December 31, 2020
- Fluency in English Language
- Exhibit good client engagement and team skills
- Availability during the period of internship
- Integrity and Ethics well required
If you meet the requirements above and would like to be part of our vibrant and result oriented team, send your application (CV and Cover letter) to [email protected] The subject of the email should be “2020 Academic Internship”.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for receiving applications is 30th October 2020.