Purpose of the role:
The RWTS Electrical Technical Advisor is responsible for the electrical maintenance of HVAC (heating ventilation and Air Conditioning Systems and mining ancillary equipment. He or she will lead a team of mostly local technicians to meet electrical maintenance key performance indicators (KPls). Included in the list of KPls is:
- To minimize unplanned downtime. Target hours to first fault after service must be above 75 hours.
- To lead root cause analyses of failures and coordinate and track plans to prevent them thereafter. The target mean time between breakdowns must be above 150 hours.
- Lead operational safety of maintenance crews to achieve 0 LTis and 0 accidents.
- Report electrical safety incidents within 24hrs of occurrence.
- Optimize planned maintenance services to facilitate 0 delays on services.
- Organize and schedule planned jobs to accomplish a minimum of 70% employee utilization.
- Lead a team of technicians to attain KPls.
- Provide insightful technical and logistical support.
- Guide the Maintenance and repair organization with updated performance/execution information, KPls and management recommendations.
- Support the continuous improvement processes and initiatives and lead the defect elimination processes across the department.
- Ensure all maintenance tasks are carried out as per the OEM recommendations and/or management through the standard KML Change management procedure.
- Provide practical training and mentoring to subordinates, including ongoing training and development, performance management, conflict management and crisis management.
- Ensuring the right people are in the right job as well as putting in place a succession plan for all positions.
- Certificate/Diploma in Electrical/ Auto-Electrical Engineering with extensive field experience in the electrical maintenance of mobile HVAC systems and mining ancillary equipment.
- Extensive hands-on experience with most of the following equipment:
- Komatsu D375A/ 475A Dozers
- Komatsu WD500/WD900-3 Wheel Dozers
- Komatsu WA380/WA600 Wheel Loader
- Caterpillar CA 777D Low bed
- Volvo A40F ADT
- Liebherr T284 Trucks
- Letourneau LE2350 Loader
- Liebherr 9100/9250 Excavator
- Flexiroc D65 Drills
- Experience in the following Equipment is an advantage:
- Komatsu 960E/860E/ HD1500 Dump Trucks
- Komatsu HD785-7 Utility Trucks
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a maintenance role.
- Training/Experience in / Knowledge of 6-sigma, Lean, Kanban, Statistical Process Control, Kaizen, etc.is an added advantage
- Experience in using engineering management software Pronto.
- A qualification in project management is an advantage.
- At least 5 years in a specialist role.
- Experience in mining or other heavy industry.
- Must have a valid driver’s license