Purpose of the role:
The RWTS electrical coordinator is responsible for the electrical maintenance of mobile mining equipment and the maintenance workshop. He or she will lead a team of mostly local technicians and engineers to meet electrical maintenance key performance indicators (KPls) and reliability. Included in the list of KPls is:
- To minimize unplanned downtime. Target hours to first fault after service must be above 75 hours.
- To lead root cause analyses of failures and coordinate and track plans to prevent them thereafter. The target mean time between breakdowns must be above 150 hours.
- Lead operational safety of maintenance crews to achieve O LTis and O accidents.
- Report electrical safety incidents within 24hrs of occurrence.
- Optimize planned maintenance services to facilitate O delays on services.
- Organize and schedule planned jobs to accomplish a minimum of 70% employee utilization.
- Lead a team of supervisors and specialists to attain KPls
- Provide insightful technical and logistical support.
- Guide the Maintenance and repair organization with updated performance/execution information, KPls and management recommendations.
- Support the continuous improvement processes and initiatives and lead the defect elimination processes across the department.
- Ensure all maintenance tasks are carried out as per the OEM recommendations and/or management through the standard KML Change management procedure.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to subordinates, including ongoing training and development, performance management, conflict management and crisis management.
- Ensuring the right people are in the right job as well as putting in place a succession plan for all positions.
- Analyze event information from VHMS downloads to carry out RCAs, trend common failures, intervene before catastrophic failures occur, and promote safety.
- Degree/Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with extensive field experience in the electrical maintenance of Mobile Mining Equipment.
- Extensive hands-on experience with most the following equipment:
- Komatsu 960E/860E/ HD1500 Dump Trucks
- Komatsu D3754/ 475A Dozers
- Komatsu HD785-7 Utility Trucks
- Komatsu WD500/WD900-3 Wheel Dozers
- Komatsu WA380/WA600 Wheel Loader
- Caterpillar CA 777D Low bed
- Volvo A40F ADT
- Liebherr T284 Trucks
- Letourneau LE2350 Loader
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a maintenance role.
- Experience in/ Knowledge of 6-sigma, Lean, Kanban, Statistical Process Control, Kaizen, etc.is an added advantage
- Experience in using engineering management software Pronto is essential.
- A qualification in project management is an advantage.
- At least 5 years in a senior supervisory role.
- Experience in mining or other heavy industry.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.