Website ENGIE Energy Access Zambia Limited
ENGIE Energy Access is the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and min
Reporting to the Head of Human Resource, the Human Resources Manager (HRM), supports the Head of HR in developing and implementing an HR Strategy to promote an organizational culture of teamwork, service, high quality transparency, accountability, innovation and inclusiveness. The HRM provides support and guidance to HR generalists in the routine functions of the HR department, including administering pay, benefits, leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
A thought and business partner to the leadership team, working side by side with them, to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current nd future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
Human Resource Strategy and Organizational Culture
- Work with the Head of HR to develop an HR Strategy and ensure that Engie Energy Access Zambia (EEA Zambia) is resourced to deliver on its strategic objectives
- Ensure that all aspects of the HR function promote an organizational culture of teamwork and service, high quality, transparency and accountability, innovation and inclusiveness
- Responsible for all aspects of the HR function, playing a key role in building and development, implementation and alignment of HR Programs with business while supporting the day to day HR needs
Human Resource Planning
- Analyzing Labor Supply – identify the company’s current human resources supply. Studying the strength of EEA Zambia based on the number of employees, their skills, qualifications, positions, benefits, and performance levels.
- Forecasting Labor Demand – Outlining the future of its workforce by considering issues like promotions, retirements, layoffs, and transfers. Reviewing external conditions impacting labor demand, such as new technology that might increase or decrease the need for workers.
- Balancing Labor Demand With Supply – forecasting the employment demand by creating a gap analysis that lays out specific needs to narrow the supply of the company’s labor versus future demand.
- Developing and Implementing a Plan – Integrate the plan with the rest of the company including assessing departmental budgetary needs , the ability to implement the plan, and a collaborative effort with all departments to execute that plan.
- Modifying the Human resources budget as per the requirements and prepare detailed monthly reports on various HR costs.
- Analyzing and monitoring HR performance metrics and KPIs
- Design and implement company policies and procedures
- Management of all HR projects
- Conduct monthly HR governance review with HR Head to showcase progress on initiatives, data for the month, successes, and challenges.
- Ensuring the integrity of HR data and provide accurate, timely and insightful talent analytics for effective decision making.
Compensation and Benefits
- Maintaining and updating the employee benefits programs
- Benchmarking the organization’s compensation system to determine its competitiveness
- Planning salary, benefit schemes, bonuses, and rewards
- Ensuring equitable and balanced compensation across the organization
- Managing external benefits providers (Private pension, group life assurance, medical insurance etc)
- Overseeing all payroll runs
- Managing and leading the payroll team
- Management of the annual salary review process.
- Oversee the legal compliance & implementation of applicable statutory requirements
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees
- Hearing and resolving employee grievances
- Counselling employees and supervisors
- Overseeing the disciplinary and performance management process in EEA Zambia
- Be the contact and liaison person with the Ministry of Labour and Zambia Federation of
Employers among other labor regulatory bodies.
Employee Relations: HR policies and procedures:
- Ownership of all company policies, procedures, methods and guidelines; ensure they are updated and applied company wide
- Oversee and provide guidance on employee disciplinary matters
- Work with management to ensure leave alignment across the business units
- Direct initiatives that lead to the health, wellness, performance and overall satisfaction of staff. Plan and support the fun, interactive Bi-annual All Hands meetings and other internal and external initiatives that celebrate and nurture culture and cohesion
Talent Management & Leadership Development:
- Work with Global HR Team to design and execute innovative initiatives that maximize talent quality, retention, growth , coaching and mentoring and succession planning programs
- Be intentional in identifying and developing leadership skills in Leaders and Managers
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements
- Tracking staff retention, organizational career-pathing, succession and promotions
- Driving employee experience like timely issuance of accurate appointment letters, offer letters, relieving letters, timely closure of any queries with regards to leaves, Insurance, compensation, HR policies, etc.
- Managing smooth Exit process in terms of completion of the full and final settlements for employees
- Partner with Line Managers to ensure a high performance and high engagement culture within the business units.
- Build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders
- Strategically establish EEA Zambia as an employer of choice
- At EEA, we have high expectations for our managers. Each manager plays a key role in creating an exceptional experience not only for our customers but for every person on our team. Our managers help EEA realize our ambitious goals while developing their own leadership skills and facilitating growth for their direct reports.
We believe that great managers:
- Deliver ambitious results: As a high-performing and accountable leader, you create an enabling environment for effective action and bold decision which contribute to successful delivery of results.
- Act with integrity: As an ethical leader you are honest, respectful, objective, and transparent. You create and build upon a foundation of trust and openness.
- Inspire and mentor the team: As an inspirational leader you walk the talk. You empower and coach your team with trust and humility.
- Are accessible: as an accessible leader, you develop and maintain deep connections with stakeholders through approachability and active listening.
- Ensure diversity and inclusion: as an inclusive leader, you ensure diversity and foster a sense of belonging.
Knowledge and skills Experience:
- At least five years of substantial experience in a generalist human resource management role and/or as an HR business partner role
- Experience in the development of HR strategy, HR policy development, recruitment, performance management and appraisals, learning and development, compensation and benefits, recruitment, payroll, staff engagement and exit processes
- Knowledgeable of HR compliance employment legislation and regulations
- Proficient computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HR management systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Experienced at multitasking under pressure against demands and deadlines, whilst always maintaining a positive and constructive attitude and demeanor
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of integrity, professionalism, confidentiality and maturity
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Agility and innovation
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in Human Resource Management or any relevant field.
- Any local language will be a plus.
- MS Package
- Experience with working with any HR tool