Website ExpressCredit Zambia
ExpressCredit Zambia, a registered non-deposit taking financial institution is inviting suitably qualified, competent, skilful and highly motivated professional based in Lusaka to fill the position of Senior IT Technician.
To provide infrastructure support: hardware, software, network equipment printers/scanners used by the company, including delivery, installation, configuration, backup, troubleshooting and follow-up.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- provide first/second line IT support for company internal users and contractors.
- Installing, configuring and troubleshooting user laptops, workstations, printers, mobile devices and other office IT equipment Configuring.
- Configuring, administering and updating Windows, MAC and mobile device operating systems on user devices.
- Managing user device environment using user device management tools (e.g., Intune, SCCM, AirWatch).
- Creating and managing user accounts in Active Directory, Office 365 and other systems.
- Escalating system and equipment issues to third party service suppliers
Maintaining knowledge base for use of IT services, software and equipment
- Physical network and device installation and maintenance-related tasks (cable patching, device installation, configuration).
- Selecting vendors and suppliers for office IT purchase needs as requested by IT users.
- Performing purchasing activities for IT purchases according to internal procedures.
- Keeping inventory of IT purchases and assets – creating/updating inventory records, assigning equipment to users, auditing inventory, performing decommissioning.
- Auditing physical security level on a regular basis and report of identified imperfections.
- Participating in security investigations and compliance reviews, as requested by internal or external auditors.
- Configuring and managing security systems (CCTV, access control).
- Constant development and improvements of local IT infrastructure.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Grade 12 Certificate with minimum 5 credits including English and Mathematics.
- Diploma or higher academic and professional qualifications in computer Science
- Fundamental IT skills – hardware, operating systems, IT system architecture, IT infrastructure management systems, TCP/IP networking, IT security.
- At least 2 to 3 years’ experience in supporting IT user equipment and software – workstations and workstation software.
- Experience using and managing workstation management and antivirus software, filesharing/ collaboration, e-mail and directory services.
- Experience in installation and maintenance of IT infrastructure and equipment – cabling, racking
- Experience in purchasing of IT hardware and software.
- Knowledge on managing IT assets inventory.
- Fundamental knowledge of physical security principles.
Experience managing and maintaining physical security systems (biometric access control, CCTV) preferred.
- Knowledge of IT management frameworks (e.g. ITIL) preferred.
Certifications on IT systems administration/support preferred.
- Enterprise employment background preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral& written),
Analytical, highly organized, attention to details,
- Valid driver’s Licence