DEPARTMENT : Finance
VACANCY : Financial Controller
LEVEL : Deputy General Manager
LOCATION : Lusaka
Responsible for the coordination and execution of all financial related activities in the business in order to assist in the efficient financial management of Airtel Networks Zambia Plc. The Financial Controller is the Key Custodian of Books of Accounts and Internal Controls of the Business.
REPORTING TO THE FINANCE DIRECTOR, THE ROLE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Prepare or direct preparation and ensure accuracy of monthly financial statements (Income statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flows)
- Prepare the financial statements for the parent company as per the IFRS Accounting Standards for International Consolidation and also for Airtel Networks Zambia Plc entity in compliance with Accounting Standards for both local and international Stock Exchange guidelines.
- Tax planning and compliance with all relevant tax legislations and procedures, resolution of all tax issues resulting from tax audits. Proactive analysis and management of the Company’s tax liabilities including all Statutory taxes
- Develop and implement internal control policies, guidelines and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management and accounting.
- Coordinate audits of company accounts and financial transactions to ensure compliance with applicable accounting policies, relevant accounting standards and other legislations.
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Advise management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions
- Supervise and review management of all activities related to financial accounting such as: invoicing; refunds; purchasing; payroll; collection of accounts receivable; management and payment of suppliers; management and payment of contracts; assistance in the ongoing monitoring and management of banking relationships, cash flow analysis and the management of short and long term debts; performing bank and other key reconciliations
- Proactive analysis of the monthly financial statements for the businesses including: analysis of key financial performance indicators and trends, including financial ratios; cross division comparisons including establishing financial benchmarks of acceptable performance; comparison of actual results to budget with corrective actions required by the Controller and/or the Unit Managers
- Preparation of the financial aspects of new business opportunities by preparing a business case that would assess the risks, rewards and financing strategies for key opportunities
- Provide leadership to all of the vertical or department staff in terms of Inspiring and motivating team members to perform well, delegating and monitoring work assignments and Setting expectations.
REQUIRED SKILLS, COMPETENCIES & KNOWLEDGE
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- ACCA, CIMA, ZICA
- Excellent knowledge of financial accounting principles and concepts (including international reporting requirements) in order to perform Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Excellent knowledge on changes in the Accounting Standards applied under IFRS
- Prior work experience in a Large Multinational company in a similar position is critical
- Knowledge of Regulatory Compliance for Local and international listed companies is a MUST
- Good Knowledge and experience of managing Enterprise, Mobile Money and GSM business lines is a MUST
- Vast knowledge of budgeting and cash flow forecasting techniques, financial statement analysis including key trends analysis, project costing techniques, financial controls and business case analysis.
Relevant Experience (Type of experience and minimum number of years)
- Seasoned Accountant with over 10 years Accounting Experience in similar position
- Knowledge of the latest accounting tools / Software applications required and available for financial analysis and reporting
- Exposure to an ERP environment
- Exposure of working in different markets
- Ability to manage Telecom Nuances in a complex accounting environment
- Ability to set and meet tight deadlines including managing multiple tasks to completion simultaneously
Other requirements (Behavioral etc.)
- Self-Motivated and exceptional ability to work independently
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and Dynamic
- Excellent communications skills, both orally and in writing
- Sets high personal standards and is goal oriented
- Customer focused
- Business awareness
- Strong analytical skills
- Drive for executional excellence
- Strong stakeholder engagement
- Good leadership skills
Suitable candidates are required to send their application & Curriculum vitae to [email protected]
Closing date for applications is 13th November, 2020.
Airtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is non-discriminatory on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnic grouping nor HIV/AIDS status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.