At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Foreman: Auto Electrical will lead the crew of auto electricians during the execution of their duties and safely execute auto electrical maintenance works according to the prescribed health and safety standards.
- This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Supervise planned and breakdown maintenance on all auto electrical systems of various machines
- Ensure works order compliance.
- Draw up daily reports and reports on equipment conditions.
- Order parts and draw parts from onsite warehouse/s.
- Prioritize workload as per equipment priority and production requirements.
- Drive to achieve required equipment availability targets.
- Supervise staff and ensure good timekeeping and attendance.
- Advise management of whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Hands-on troubleshooting and repair of vehicles
- Offer sound knowledge of reading schematics, and component level troubleshooting/use of oscilloscopes and multimeters for systems debug
- System upgrades, installs, fault-reporting analysis etc.
- Strong commitment towards safe work practices
- Minimum of a Grade Twelve (12) certificate
- Advanced Craft Certificate in Auto electrical from a recognized institute.
- Craft certificate or better in Air Conditioning will be an added advantage.
- Member of EIZ
- Experience mining equipment essential.
- Computer literacy.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Ability to achieve result is a cross cultural environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role, with a particular focus on auto electrical equipment especially, Liebherr excavators R9350, R9250, Hitachi excavators, Hitachi/CAT Dump Trucks, with at least three (3) years in a supervisory capacity.