- Align national and international laws and policies in women and child rights, child protection and access to justice for women and children and GBV survivors;
- Contribute to the review of the Anti GBV Act and other related legal instruments by fully understanding the GBV legal framework and judicial system in Zambia, in cooperation with other stakeholders in the country;
- Support access to justice by women and children on the Phase II Joint GBV programme by offering pro-bono legal consultations;
- Supervise the correct use of reporting and monitoring tools by the field teams and partners as these relate to the GBV Fast Track Courts and Village led One-Stop Centers (OSCs);
- On a regular basis, exchange with the field staff and partners about difficulties met in carrying out his/her duties on the access to justice outputs;
- Ensure the legal monitoring of the policies and judicial procedures in Zambia and at regional and international level on the access to justice by GBV survivors;
- In collaboration with Judicial stakeholders, ensure the identification of needs and gaps regarding the implementation of fast track courts and village led OSCs;
- In coordination with the other members of the team, develop a capacity building plan for judicial officers and other court users;
- Develop, organize and facilitate training sessions or workshops on Access to Justice by GBV survivors;
- Ensure regular and structured coordination between legal stakeholders, formal and customary judicial actors;
- Develop monthly/ bi-annual and annual reports indicating results of the interventions regarding the Fast Track Courts and Village led one stop centers linking to the output indicators and Country Programme Document (CPD);
- Support the team in all other tasks as required by his/her manager and the needs of the Phase II Project .
To be eligible to apply to the UNDP-UNV Talent Programme for Young Professionals with Disabilities, candidates need to be a person living with a disability.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
Please apply via the link below. You can then either log in if you already have an account or register via ‘Candidate Signup’.
On your profile, kindly select the response “yes” to the question whether you consider yourself a person living with a disability.
Should you require special arrangements to facilitate the interview and assessment during the selection process, please indicate this in the “special remarks” field in your profile.
In case you are facing accessibility constraints kindly contact [email protected].
Application deadline: 5 July 2020