Lusaka Golf Club
LUSAKA GOLF CLUB
AN EXCITING JOB OPPORTUNITY IN A FANCY ENVIRONMENT
Located in the heart of Lusaka, Lusaka Golf Club is Zambia’s most prestigious sporting facility attracting a cross section of golfing Zambians and visiting nationalities. It is a popular Club with 600 members. The Club has entered into an arrangement with developers to overhaul the course, the club house and construct a hotel and related entertainment facilities on the property. The expectations of our members are very high.
Consequently, the Club is now seeking to employ a General Manager with the ambition and drive to supervise these developments and manage the modern Lusaka Goff Club.
Employment will be a on three years Fixed Tarm Contact, renewable dependant on performance. The successful candidate will be directly answerable to the Club Captain with a dotted line responsibility to EXCO.
Responsibilities for the position will include:
- Overseeing the management and performance of the Golf Club operations and services; assuring high standards and customer satisfaction.
- Establishing operations procedures and ensuring proper hiring, training, supervising, employee development and corrective action in accordance with fair labor standards.
- Coordinating and ensuring all written correspondence, reporting and communications for Club operations.
- Enforcing and all Health and Safety regulations at the club.
- Working closely with the Toumament Secretary of EXCO to ensure smooth running of tournaments and the Golf Development Program.
- Overseeing Club marketing initiatives including all promotional materials and outside events.
- Overseeing the management of all food and beverage for all food and beverage needs, outside events, and catering for all functions.
- Attending, as invited to committee/staff/public meetings representing the club.
- Enforcing all rules and regulatius established at the club.
- Overseeing all fiscal areas and performance for Club induding planning, budgeting, forecastng, monitoring, and correction.
- Managing cash flow and adhering to budgets.
- Preparing annual operating budget and capital expense forecasts.
- Adhering to requirements of statutory and applicable taxes.
- Establishing sales goals and forecasts for all services; generate, monitor and analyze.
- Managing and accounting for Club assets.
- Communicating regularly with EXCC and stakeholders on issues pertaining to the running of the Club.
- Managing and supervising employees.
The succesful candidate will be a busines graduate with strong knowledge of golf faciity operations, coupled with a passion for the game of golf. A team player with good interpersonal relationship skills and well versed basic computer skills and management packages good supervisory skills. Proof of experience in managing a similar facility will be required.
If you share our vision and believe that you have the outlined qualities, then please email me, withing one week of this publication, on [email protected] attaching a current cumulum vitae, copies of certificates shoud NOT be sent.