Website Global Communities
Partners for Good
Global Communities is a global development organization committed to working in partnership with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable, impactful changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable. The objective of the program is to catalyze the transformation of Zambia’s agriculture sector through improving the sustainable farming practices and commercialization of emerging farmers
Global Communities seeks to recruit an Administration/Procurement Officer
Reporting to the Finance & Administration Manager, the Administration/Procurement Officer will work under the USAID funded Emerging Farmers Partnership (EFP) GDA program in Zambia. H/she will be responsible for planning, implementing, and managing administrative and procurement related activities. He/she will be required to oversee procurement activities and ensure that the purchased items are both cost-efficient and of high quality whilst following and enforcing the Company’s procurement policies and procedures. The Administration/ Procurement Officer will also be responsible for security, store inventories, and foreign tax exemptions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that the management of all procurement and operational aspects is in compliance with Global Communities’ policies, donor agreements and government statutory requirements.
- Lead in the drafting, and implementation of localized manuals, templates and standard operating procedures covering the operations department.
- Ensure that all staff are trained and regularly oriented on existing operations policies and manuals with a view of enhancing staffs capacity and enhancing compliance.
- Support Finance & Administration Manager and staff in the continuous review and improvement of internal controls with a view of maximizing efficiency and effectiveness on matters related to procurement and operations.
- Participate in the external audit as well as internal reviews and support in the implementation of any recommendations made.
- Plan, develop and manage all procurement under the project such as office equipment, vehicles, office supplies, furniture, etc.
- Maintain database of pre-qualified and suitable vendors to meet the procurement needs of Global Communities.
- Oversee the day to day sourcing of goods and services in a timely, effective and efficient manner and in compliance with set policies and procedures through the set out solicitation methods.
- Lead negotiations including dispute resolution with vendors and other contractors seeking the most favorable possible outcomes for Global Communities.
- Support the development of tenders and develop vendor contracts and agreements using Global Communities templates and in line with donor requirements.
- Ensure that all vendors/consultants contracts deliverables are tracked and inspected/accepted before payment is made and that all contracts modifications and/or close-outs are effected timely.
- Ensure procurement actions are adequately and accurately documented and that such procurement records are safely maintained and easily available on need.
- Provide oversight and support to the office administration assistant to ensure that the office block, the compound are properly maintained and that utilities are efficiently utilized and promptly paid.
- Provides guidance to and supervise administrative Assistant/Receptionist, Driver/Logistician and Office Cleaner.
- Provide oversight in the administration and accounting of office consumables.
- Provide oversight in the management of visitors to the Global Communities offices.
- Ensure that all inventory items are tagged and branded upon purchase and inventoried in ordance to the asset management and branding policies.
- Develop and maintain a system for vehicle allocation and usage.
Foreign Tax management
- Provide oversight in the expeditious application of exemptions on all foreign taxes assessed on eligible funded programs.
- Provide oversight in the management of approved tax exemptions to ensure refunds are obtained from vendors.
- Ensure that such tax exemptions are accurately recorded and that the foreign tax reports are generated and submitted as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, /finance/contracts or similar field, master’s degree preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience in supply chain management 2 of which should be in a management position.
- Thorough knowledge and practical understanding of USG procurement rules and regulations.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and organizational skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills
- Ability to interact clearly and effectively with donors and other organizations
Professional proficiency in written and spoken English. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively.
Able to sit at a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Must be able and willing to frequently travel domestically to project sites in the provinces.
Applicants are to submit their application letters with detailed CV to [email protected] with the title of the position applied appearing as the email subject.