Website Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia Co. Ltd.
Purpose of the role:
To carry out all Parts transactions in the warehouse and also inter-branches and update the system in line with Hitachi standards for achievement of Company goals.
Reports to: Branch Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Storeman will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Receive parts request from the planner and ensure requisition forms are completed accurately.
- Capture all client requests on system.
- Pick and dispatch stock items.
- Receive stock, capture in the system and place in the correct bin after labeling.
- Update Received parts in dynamics and also record and update the stock record accordingly.
- Ensure the correct parts and correct quantity and quality is received and note any deviations.
- Cost parts in the work order.
- Ensure all issue documentation is signed off and accurate records maintained.
- Capture all items that are returned to the warehouse on the system, label and store in the correct place.
- Check maximum and minimum stock levels twice a week to ensure that correct stock levels are on hand at all times.
- Maintain bin locations, report any changes to parts supervisor so that the system can be updated.
- Participate in cycle counts and stock counts.
- Expedite unavailable parts and back ordered parts.
- Ensure the best storage and handling of warehouse goods
- Maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Control and secure inventory; including warehouse equipment (forklift, pallet stacker, hand trucks)
- To ensure bin locations for new stock codes are updated in the system.
- Other responsibilities as Management may delegate from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must have a full Grade 12 certificate.
- Minimum of an Advanced certificate in Purchasing and Supply
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Warehousing in a related industry
Job Specific Competencies
- Good communication skills
- Proficient in computer skills (MS Excel and MS Word) and able to use MS Dynamics AX
If you meet the requirements for this job, email your detailed C.V, certified copies of certificates and cover letter in a single document to [email protected], or send your application to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia, Co. Ltd.
KK International Airport Road, Plot 2350/M
P.O. Box 30182, Lusaka.
The closing date for applicants is Sunday 12th June, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.