Zambia Sugar Plc
Zambia Sugar Plc, is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group, and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
The Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position:
HR OFFICER (1 POSITION, FIRST LINE MANAGEMENT) – HUMAN RESOURCES
The position reports to the HR Business Partner.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for supporting the overall HR plans and HR Business Partner to enable business objectives. The operational performance covers the support of the overall HR plans and HR Business Partner to enable business objectives and provide day to day HR support to ensure efficient HR service delivery.
Key performance areas
- Work with employees and First Line Managers to ensure adherence to the minimum standards across the employee life cycle (hire to retire)
- Ensure accurate data to assist with talent analysis, succession development and retention within own business unit
- Ensure talent review data is updated as required
- Provide recruitment and onboarding support for people appointments within own business unit
- Provide employee engagement survey administration and actions.
- Provide support for the exit of employees within own business unit
- Support improvement of labour productivity e.g. overtime management, allowances etc.
- Support effective localization and diversity agenda
- Adhere to HR functional excellence and minimum standards
- Ensure compliance to statutory, regulatory or policy requirements leave,
- Provide first level HR query resolution relating to payroll, benefits, organisation structures, time and attendance and policies, and escalates to HR Business Partners where required
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management
- Support L&D to identify training needs for business units and individual coaching needs and follow up to ensure training objectives are met
- Support change management activities within the business unit
- Work with line and HR Services to ensure HR systems (e.g. organograms) and employee master data is up to date
- Support employee well-being through the implementation and evaluation of initiatives Provide advice and guidance on employee misconduct / poor performance etc., ensuring that these are well managed and meet the requirements of best practice and are in accordance with relevant employment legislation
- Promote and adhere to Group’s procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to Safety Health Environment Risk & Quality (SHERQ), Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
Minimum specifications / Requirements areas
- Degree (HR, Industrial Psychology, Business or Equivalent)
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Impressive, demonstrable track record and skills/experience gained within a similar position(s), at a similar level.
- Change Management skills
- Data and analytical skills
Candidates interested in applying for the above position, kindly email your detailed CV & copies of qualifications to [email protected]
NO hard copy applications or phone calls will be accepted.
Closing date for receiving applications is 12 October 2020.
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.