Lubambe Copper Mine
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mines is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelter in Zambia.
To support this vision, Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following position:
HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER – RECRUITMENT, EXPARTRIATE MANAGEMENT AND MANNING (x1)
This position reports to the HR Superintendent – Administration
Core Purpose of the position
To assist with the recruitment and employment of staff in order to satisfy staffing requirements in all job categories, and to ensure efficient pneumoconiosis examinations control so that all employees in scheduled areas have valid pneumoconiosis certificates. Compliance to all hosting country’s immigration laws, procedures, requirements, coordinate all permit applications and on boarding for all expatriates to ensure they settle in as quickly as possible. Ensure that labor movements are done on time and employees are sitting in the correct departments and sections.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA):
- Pre-screening of applications for advertised jobs to ensure that only candidates who meet basic qualifications are short-listed for interviews.
- Assist with Summaries of CV’s for easier evaluation by Departmental heads.
- Proactive coordination with department heads for interviews.
- Prepare employment contracts and all required forms for contract signing and to ensure all forms are completed by new hires.
- Coordinate and inform new hires first day work arrangement with security, training center and responsible departments.
- Prepare personal files for all new hires.
- Maintains correct relationship between authorized establishment and actual labor strengths on manning boards and answers queries regarding labor movement.
- Process permit requirements for expatriate staff to enable expatriate employment in the country for the duration of the contract period.
- Prepare HR expatriate reports, recruitment reports and any other as required on an ad-hoc basis.
- Communicate with the Immigration agent/office on expatriate staff affairs.
- Responsible for completion and submission of employment forms, transfers and promotions to pay office.
- Updating of manpower statistics and compilation of manpower daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports.
- Preparation of reports on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
Academic Qualifications and Experience :
- Minimum of Diploma/ Degree in Human Resources Management
- Full grade 12 O level certificate
- Member of Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management (ZIHRM)
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in mining industry and expatriate recruitment a must.
- Strong planning and analytical skills
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Data analysis skills.
- Self-motivated and able to deliver results with minimum supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to [email protected]. The closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 8th April 2019. Please do not send scanned copies of your educational qualifications at this stage and clearly indicate the job applied for in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.