Lubambe Copper Mine
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mines is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelter in Zambia.
To support this vision, Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following position:
HUMAN RESOURCES SUPERINTENDENT – EMPLOYEE LOGISTICS (x1)
This position reports to the Manager Human Resources.
Purpose of this position
To manage and monitor employee transport, management of the camp, shift rosters, food for miners, management of outside medical services and management of Time and attendance (T & A) system.
Key Performance Areas / Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Forecast manning and ensuring the camp has sufficient capacity.
- Camp booking
- Prepare camp rules and ensure compliance by employees.
- Manage all contractors operating at the camp
- Ensure the camp is operated and maintained to an appropriate standard and within budget
- Maintain oversight of all shift rosters
- Monitoring effective shift work hours
- Seeking optimization opportunities
- Setting up of bus timetables in liaison with busing contractors and Heads of department.
- Manage contract including compliance to timetable, safety of buses and competency of drivers
- Management of the contractors supplying food to Lubambe employees.
5. Medical Services
- Management of the capitation agreement on employee access to outsourced medical services.
6. Time and Attendance
- Management of the HR time and attendance systems in order to manage overtime, absenteeism, working patterns and improve employee productivity.
- Reviewing time off requests
Academic qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline.
- Grade 12 O’ level full certificate
- Must have minimum of not less than 8 years’ experience at a senior level in preferably a mining industry in planning, Scheduling and forecasting Skills
- Management of Contractors
- Allocation of work
- Prior experience in Contract Management will be an added advantage
- A self-starter and able to work under minimum supervision.
- Good leadership skills, team and result oriented individual.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Innovative thinking and pro-activeness by having an insight and well-reasoned action steps accompanying all reports to management.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong ability to quickly pick up and understand operational issues impacting on business.
- Ability to produce quick turnaround on urgent requests and ability to create capacity to handle multiple work items.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages e.g. Excel, word etc. a must.
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to [email protected]. The closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 8th April 2019. Please do not send scanned copies of your educational qualifications at this stage and clearly indicate the job applied for in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.