Website Internews Network Zambia
Responsible for overseeing all monitoring, evaluation and learning activities, including devising, and implementing strategies to ensure data collection and analysis, and collecting, archiving, and reporting program data. The MEL Specialist will also manage the synthesis of project information and coordinate with the programs team and local partners to produce weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual, and final reports for review by the Chief of Party (CoP), as well as special reports upon request. S/He will also collaborate closely with the programs team to maximize and document project impact through success stories, and enable Internews staff, partners, and donors to learn from programs and each other. The MEL specialist will also work with Internews’ regional and headquarters staff based in Kenya and the USA, respectively. This is a position which requires sound data technical knowledge and skills working on USAID projects.
- Implement all aspects of the performance and impact measurement for Internews in Zambia, including collection, monitoring, processing and verification of all data.
- Implement and track the project’s approved Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (MELP), including all required submissions of quarterly data, updating of performance indicator reference sheets (PIRS and any other requests.
- Conduct/manage the collection of qualitative and quantitative data per the approved project work plan.
- Keep meticulous records, archives, and databases for all activities ensuring they are updated regularly.
- Enter quarterly project data into Internews organization-wide database.
- Work closely with project staff and local partners and provide capacity building in effective and appropriate data collection as well as M&E methodology and tools.
- Provide program support to key program personnel as and when required.
- Design, implement and contribute to quantitative and qualitative evaluation methodologies and measurement approaches, above and beyond required indicators.
- Draft quarterly success stories.
- Liaise with international impact evaluation consultants and other external experts supporting the program, providing them with information and support as and when required.
- Draft regular donor narrative reports, as well as any other reports needed for internal and external use.
- Maintain contact with and facilitate two-way communication and feedback with all program staff and local partners to facilitate timely and regular flow of information and data and to ensure that reports are utilized and practical.
- Work with program staff to write human-interest success stories and other communication products about project impact for sharing with general audiences as well as donors.
- Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Development Studies, Economics or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of MEL experience, preferably in a USAID funded project(s).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in developing and implementing project log frames.
- Experience in designing and implementing quantitative and qualitative data collection tools.
- Experience working on databases as well as in collecting, analyzing and managing large data sets, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects and sound understanding of USAID approach to monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience coordinating M&E activities among multiple partners.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills.
- Excellent Information technology skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn and apply new concepts and systems, including new MEL software as appropriate.
- Respect for confidentiality; affinity with Internews core values, objectives, and beliefs.
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach to work with the ability to be part of a team.
- Excellent organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to follow tasks through to completion.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Multi-tasker; capable of working on multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to keep accurate records and statistics.
- Attention to detail and a conscientious attitude.
- Ability to meet deadlines, including for tasks assigned with short notice.
(Qualified and experienced Zambian female applicants are encouraged to apply)
- Please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected] by 5PM, by 23rd June 2022.