Reporting to the City Manager
The warehouse manager will oversee picking, storage, receiving, dispatching, security, maintenance, sanitation and administrative functions. You will oversee, train, evaluate and reward staff. You will ensure the maintenance of company assets.
To ensure success you need to multitask effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and perform your duties in a manner that maximizes profits. Top applicants are dedicated, competent and have strong leadership skills.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Overseeing receiving, warehousing and distribution operations.
- Implementing operational policies and procedures.
- Implementing and overseeing security operations.
- Ensuring effective and safe use of warehouse equipment.
- Ensuring safety of staff.
- Motivating and disciplining staff.
- Maintaining documentation and keeping accurate records of warehouse activities.
- Maintaining awareness and knowledge of condition and location of fleet vehicles.
- Assisting with deliveries where required.
- Responsible for the supervision and management of city level depot team
- Responsible for the development and compliance of agreed-upon depot standard operating procedures across all depot functions (eg. loading, stock reconciliation, cash reconciliation, storage, stock counts)
- Responsible for the management of inventory across all depots in the city
- Ensuring each depot is not over/under- stocking on any SKU
- Responsible for managing the communication flow between branch level depot assistants and Supplier procurement teams to ensure timely delivery of requested LPOs
- Responsible for the tracking and reporting of branch level agent shorts, inventory, and LPOs
- Responsible for the development of branch-level depot team budgets (eg. budget for additional personnel, storage capacity, parking capacity, offloading capacity, stock forecasting)
- Supervise claims on damaged or expired stock
- 5+ years warehouse management experience.
- Excellent understanding of warehouse management procedures.
- Proficient knowledge of inventory and inventory controls.
- Valid drivers’ license.
- Ability to operate a forklift effectively is a plus.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding leadership, organizational, multitasking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong people skills.
- Available to work extended hours.