Website John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Improving the Health of Individuals and Communities
The USAID Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II) Activity was awarded on September 13, 2022, with implementation through September 6, 2027. USAID CHEKUP II is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) and Media 365. The Activity aims to support the Ministry of Health in mitigating against and attaining HIV epidemic control by increasing equitable access to, and use of person-centered, community-driven, and high-quality HIV prevention services for key and underserved (priority) populations. USAID CHEKUP II Activity operates in seven districts with the highest HIV-burden in Zambia. These include: Chirundu, Lusaka, Kabwe, Kapiri-Mposhi, Kasama, Chipata, and Nakonde.
The Activity aims to address the needs of people living with HIV (PLHIV) and those most at risk of acquiring HIV and contribute to HIV mitigation and epidemic control. USAID CHEKUP II seeks to improve the health outcomes of priority and key populations by preventing new HIV infections and ensuring that all infected are identified, diagnosed, linked to treatment and virally suppressed. USAID CHEKUP II Activity seeks dynamic and highly experienced candidates to fill the following vacant positions.
1. Position: Advisor – Key Populations
Duration: Full-Time position
Reports to: HIV Technical Director – Key Populations
2. Role’s Purpose:
The Advisor- Key Populations, will directly support the Technical Director – Key Populations in designing, rolling out, day-to-day management, and implementing KP-related community-based prevention care and treatment interventions.
3. Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead community-based key population prevention, care and treatment interventions and related community-strengthening activities.
- Support the design, implementation, and monitoring of the project’s KP interventions.
- Support KP-related work planning.
- Supervise and coordinate the technical teams at the district level to ensure the timely achievement of goals and objectives.
- Support district-level technical leads as they identify and reach individuals at high risk of HIV infection and link them to HIV treatment and care services.
- Participate in reporting deliverables to the donor.
- Facilitate engagement with district level Key-population led CSOs and networks.
- Work with the Technical Director Key Populations to ensure that best practices are implemented with fidelity and at scale.
- Implement other duties as assigned by the Technical Director – Key Populations.
4. Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Medical Doctor.
- A degree or higher in Public Health, medicine, Social and/or Behavioral Sciences or a related field, specifically on community-level health promotion and/or education for key or marginalized populations.
- Minimum of five years’ experience designing and implementing HIV prevention care and support programs for key populations.
- Understanding of different approaches to social mobilization including online.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HIV and SRH needs of Key Populations in Zambia.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID’s policies, priorities and projects.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in a relevant field (e.g. HIV program management, public health or health system strengthening) in the public or private sector with increasing responsibilities.
- Experience in global HIV/AIDs programming, including extensive experience developing and implementing health programs.
- Extensive Knowledge of HIV Prevention Interventions and programming.
- Technical expertise in the various HIV prevention interventions (STI, PrEP, VMMC, Condom Programming) including HTS.
- Understanding of national, regional and global HIV Prevention practices and trends.
- Prior experience working with MoH, NAC, and donor agencies such as PEPFAR, CDC, USAID, WHO, etc.
- Vast experience in providing technical assistance in health systems strengthening and capacity building.
How to Apply:
To apply for the above positions, please complete the application form available for Advisor, Key Populations Here. Applicants must submit a cover letter and CV with three traceable references, full addresses and contact information via the application form by May 5, 2023 at 17:30hrs. No telephone inquiries. Please note that applications not meeting the above application guidelines will not be considered. Finalists will be contacted within 3 weeks of the closing date.
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.