Requisition Number: 510857
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Categories: Engineering, Graduate, Mining
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
Will participate in all activities prescribed in the LGP program.
Provide reports including personal progress reports as instructed at specified intervals.
Perform any other duty as reasonably assigned by the superintendent.
- Grade 12 Certificate with a minimum of five upper credits, including in English, Maths and Science.
- Bachelor’s Degree at the minimum grade of Merit in Mechanical Engineering gained within the past four years:
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (is an added advantage).
- Applicants must be less than thirty years of age.
- Thinking safety.
- Upholding quality.
- Technical skill.
- Good time management.
- Well disciplined.
- Co-operative and communicative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work in a multinational environment.
- A high degree of emotional Intelligence.
Applications close: 14 Mar 2020 FLE Standard Time