Zambia Bureau of Standards (ZABS)
ZABS is a statutory body currently operating under the Standards Act No. 4 of 2017. ZABS exists to support industry in the production of goods and services of acceptable quality for national, regional and international markets. It is the custodian of national standards and acts as a link between the local industry and regional and international standardization and quality assurance (SQA) organizations.
The Bureau’s mandate is to provide services in the areas of Standards Development, Management System/ Standards Training, Product Testing and Product/Management System Certification. It is also the National Enquiry Point for the World Trade Organization (WTO) Issues.
The Bureau wishes to invite suitably qualified and experienced Zambian nationals to fill the following vacant position;
LABORATORY TECHNICIAN – ELECTROMECHANICAL
To conduct tests and provide analytical data and related information in Electrical and Mechanical Testing laboratory and in any other fields deemed competent.
A. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform laboratory and field test work as required in accordance with approved test methods and procedures.
- Prepare standard reference materials and ensure their proper labeling, storage and use.
- Carry out sampling and sample preparation in accordance with approved procedures.
- Carry out appropriate checks and tests to ensure the accuracy of test results.
- Comply with established procedures and take necessary precautions to avoid accidents and ensure a healthy and safe working environment.
B. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Full Grade 12 Certificate.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering.
- 3 years’ work experience.
- Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia.
Other Skills and Attributes: Computer literate in Excel and Word Processing. Ability to work with minimum supervision, of sober character and integrity, and capable of handling confidential matters.
The positions (1 – 3) are in Permanent and Pensionable conditions of service category.
Suitably qualified individuals are therefore encouraged to apply for the jobs, please send your application letter together with copies of educational and professional certificates and a detailed CV to the address below. Closing date for applications in 16th October, 2020.
The Human Resources and Administration Manager
Zambia Bureau of Standards
P.O Box 50259