Website Lancet Laboratories Zambia
MEDICAL TECHOLOGISTS – NDOLA
LANCET LABORATORIES LIMITED – ZAMBIA
POSITIONS ARE PERMANENT FULLTIME
Key Competency Requirements:
- Relevant Diploma qualification in Biomedical Science
- Current registration with HPCZ
- Minimum 1year relevant working experience
- Must be computer literate
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Must have good telephone etiquette
- Must be customer oriented with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a pressurized environment
- Attention to detail and Maintain Confidentiality
- Performs diagnostic testing procedures, reviews and verifies results and interacts with pathologists on technical matters to provide all relevant data that may pertain to the prevention, diagnosis or treatment of diseases.
- Operates, maintains and calibrates the equipment used in the laboratory to ensure that it is operating efficiently and providing accurate results. This includes recording instrument maintenance and quality control results as well as recognising and resolving problems by troubleshooting mal-functioning equipment and taking corrective action.
- Implements sound housekeeping procedures and work effectively with others as a member of a team to ensure a safe working environment in accordance with safety protocols. This includes the on-going maintenance of quality control standards, adherence to infection control measures, correct disposal of bio-hazardous waste and participation (as per delegated responsibilities) in the preparation process for internal and external audits.
- Reports incidents, including instrument failures, problem solutions and reads documents and actions tasks on the laboratory information management system in compliance with relevant organisational policy.
- Attends training and seminars and participates in continuing professional development (CPD) activities to continuously update knowledge and skills as well as comply with professional registration requirements. This includes ensuring the availability of up to date records that can be presented immediately on request thereof.
- Performs on-site training of laboratory staff, interns, students, medical colleagues and associated health workers in laboratory techniques, processes and systems, when assigned by Technical/ QA Manager and deemed competent.
- Adheres to professional conduct requirements in line with organisational policy and relevant professional body ethical standards.
- Ensures the implementation of service levels and quality standards in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and service level agreements
- Represents the organisation by applying the principles of customer care in the medical pathology field and interacts professionally and ethically with patients, clients, doctors and other staff.
To apply, please send your CV, copy of Identity document, copy of qualifications and cover letter via email to [email protected]
Applications Close 17 hours Friday 5th August 2022. No late applications will be considered. Applications missing documents will not be considered. Candidates must address all key competency requirement. Candidates must avail themselves for background checks and interview. Should you not receive any communication by 31st August 2022 please consider your application unsuccessful.