A fast growing livestock company is seeking to employ two (02) suitably qualified individuals for the role of drivers/ logisticians. The objective of this role is to ensure the safe transportation of people, livestock, perishable commodities, documents and other resources. Ensure ongoing maintenance of vehicles and to provide administrative support as required.
The Logistician/Driver will be responsible primarily for driver duties and providing logistics supports to company Operations and Programs.
Key performance areas:
The Logistician/Driver is responsible for transportation needs, including:
- Holder of a valid clean Zambian driving license class C PSV and CE PSV.
- Ensuring that your truck/cargo is properly secured and in working condition before departure, container door locks, tents, straps and ratchets, fridges and ventilation fans.
- Delivery and pickup of livestock and meat products while completing accurate records of deliveries/collections, including obtaining receipts and signatures.
- Ensure vehicle maintenance and safety including carry out daily, weekly and monthly inspections of the vehicles, according to policies and procedures.
- Adherence to traffic rules and regulations under Road Traffic Act and company rules and driver’s instruction manual and drivers hand book and safety Program.
- Completing and submitting logbook for all trips.
- Ability to perform standard maintenance and execute repairs on vehicles as well as other minor technical support
- Ensuring that you check and verify the items/products you are carrying and make sure you have right documentations, as any shortage will be at your own cost.
- Reporting any unplanned stops or circumstances that put any risk to the driver, the truck or the cargo carried.
- Driving staff and visitors to and from meetings and taking staff and visitor on field trips.
- Supporting the finance team with deposits to the bank account
- Able to write clearly and provide reports on vehicle maintenance, fuel consumption and similar reports
Education: A Minimum of Grade 12 certificate or equivalent with at least five ‘O’ Levels.
• Minimum 3 years driving experience. Mechanical knowledge/Auto electrical and experience in livestock and meat distribution will be an added advantage.
• Able and willing to work outside of standard office hours and on weekends as required
• Be Professional, courteous, responsive and friendly manner and able to build strong supportive working relationships with co-workers
• Able to build excellent rapport with vendors, partners and all external parties coming into contact with the company
Job Application Procedure
Send cover letter, certified copies of academic certificates and CV; including a list of names of three (3) referees and salary expectations to Manager, Human Capital, email [email protected] on/ before the 12th January 2023.