Website Lusaka International Community School
Maximising the potential of future world citizens.
Are you an inspirational educational leader eager to take a growing and vibrant Arts Academy through its next exciting phase as you help shape and lead its strategic direction?
Based in Lusaka, Zambia, Lusaka International Community School (LICS) is a co-educational, secular, fee-paying, non-profit school, which provides an internationally recognised education to a culturally diverse, globally-minded student body in a caring and supportive learning environment. LICS holds in high esteem its vision statement which is to “maximise the potential of future world citizens”.
LICS is a leading independent Pre-Primary, Primary, and Secondary School based in the leafy suburb of Roma in Lusaka, Zambia, and is a member of CIS, AISA, and ISAZ.
The school currently has an opening in the Arts Academy and is looking for a suitably qualified individual to join the LICS community in this role.
- Strong leader and motivator as well as being enthusiastic, innovative, and inspirational as the frontline representative of the LICS Arts Academy
- Strategic skills to develop the Arts Academy further to ensure the best possible creative development of our learners
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Professional, flexible & have a wide range of adaptable creative and musical skills
- Be proficient with Excel worksheets, have a strong knowledge of MS Word, good cognition of the English language, and writing skills
- Bachelor of Music and Post Graduate Certificate in Education or Master of Arts in Music Education
- Five years experience in fulltime music teaching as well as experience in leading performing arts in an international school
- Grade 8 ABRSM standard piano skills
- Extensive experience in musical directing (Musical productions, choral and orchestral settings, etc.)
4. Application Process
Please visit our website( www.lics.sch.zm/career-opportunities ) and fill in the online application form and upload a detailed CV with a covering letter along with three referees, one of whom should be your current supervisor by 08.01.2021, Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Lusaka International Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate’s appointment will be subject to full security vetting.